RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

[TV] alot of channels "Not Available" on the guide

what's the issue now? I"m channel surfing the guide and alot of the channels are showing "Not Available" instead of listing what's on. apparently entering the numbers for the channel manually brings it up.
--
| map your city |

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:139

Re: [TV] alot of channels "Not Available" on the guide

Um Deb.... look what time it is

But honestly in your case just reboot the box...sounds like something went south.

Rich221976
I Want My Internet

join:2002-09-30
Orlando, FL
reply to pcdebb

I been noticing this at night as well. The guy will say not available, you can't select the channel, but you can type the channel number in manually and it will come up.
--
Pour me something tall and strong, make it a hurricane before i go insane. Its only half past 12, but i don't care. Its 5 oclock somewhere

WinstonFl

join:2003-11-01
Deltona, FL

I'm having the same problem.

madmonk

join:2012-09-28
Marion, IN
reply to pcdebb

I have the same problem also

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to pcdebb

Guys if this is late at night it's nothing to worry about BUT if it's during the day or persists especially after a box reboot then you need to open a direct forums thread and let me take a look.

WinstonFl

Deltona, FL

1 recommendation

Umm...so it's ok to not have a working tv guide "late at night"? This is when I watch TV, so it is something to worry about. Thanks

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by WinstonFl:

Umm...so it's ok to not have a working tv guide "late at night"? This is when I watch TV, so it is something to worry about. Thanks

No I didn't say that at all...I simply stated that if its a once in a while thing especially late at night it's probably nothing to worry about. IF the problem persists then do what I said, open a direct forums thread, include your IP and I will take a quick look and see if something else is going on. We have to maintain our system at some point and late night is when we do that...yes it will be impactful to a small minitority of people at some point but its far better than during the day or primetime when the impact would be far greater.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
reply to pcdebb

yea, I know the wee hours get updates pushed to the boxes and maintenance and whatnot, but I saw this as a little odd which is the only reason I mentioned it.
--
| map your city |

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to pcdebb

Well if it continues you know to let me know right away...should not be all the time or even in the semi often category.

WinstonFl

Deltona, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert

It happens every night normally between 1am-2am.

kfsutops
Premium
join:2002-08-19
Tampa, FL
reply to pcdebb

Yes. It happens every night. Seems to happen more with the HD channels.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to pcdebb

Those of you where its happening every day open a direct forums thread, include the usual information and I'll be in touch.

swbrains

join:2004-04-14
Wesley Chapel, FL

1 edit
reply to pcdebb

I noticed this recently as well. Not every night and not every channel, but it has happened several times during the past week. This wasn't happening before (or at least wasn't so noticeable) so it seems like something has changed recently.

I don't watch TV during the morning or daytime hours, but I did notice it happening between the hours of 10pm and 2am on the days that it happened. I notice it on maybe half a dozen HD channels when scrolling through the guide during that time (I don't watch SD channels or even view the SD portion of the guide).

WinstonFl

Deltona, FL
reply to pcdebb

Anyone else still having this problem? Because I am, and I am getting tired of it.

madmonk

join:2012-09-28
Marion, IN

I still am also

kfsutops
Premium
join:2002-08-19
Tampa, FL
reply to pcdebb

Every night.

meach13

join:2007-04-05
Bessemer, AL

In Birmingham I have the same issue at 12 midnight everynight. It is like they are refreshing the channel list.

WinstonFl

Deltona, FL
reply to WinstonFl

I waited and figured it would be fixed by now. But it just seems to affect more and more channels every night between 12-2 am.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to pcdebb

Guys this is not being ignored BUT I'm not getting enough information from people. Those of you who have yet to open the direct forums thread as I asked previously need to do it otherwise there is nothing I can do for you and you are welcome to complain about it in this thread but it doesn't solve the problem. So please take a moment and do so...make the subject of the direct thread "Guide Data Not Available". Include your IP address so I can pull account data.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to pcdebb

A reminder...I need the data from you folks...we are looking into this, you are not being ignored however I need to the account specific data to go with...

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to pcdebb

Okay progress folks... I need each of you to open a direct thread with the title "Guide Data Not Available". Include your IP address so I can pull the required account/box data. Very important...I need it from all of you so help me out here so I can help you.

swbrains

Wesley Chapel, FL

I already have a direct thread from a week or two ago but the title is not exactly what you specified -- although still refers to guide data not being available. Is that ok or should I repost?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

Nope I got you already

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to swbrains

Nope I got you already But if it will still let you edit the title that would be awesome for tracking purposes.

swbrains

Wesley Chapel, FL

Thanks... I checked my direct post but couldn't see an option to modify the title.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to pcdebb

No worries I know what its about

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium