join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to xymox1

Re: Upgrade from dpc3000 to dpc3010 and slower upstream speeds

said by xymox1:

Yes I have had some very good responses to issues long ago by posting here and working with CoxTech1. I have PM'ed him and DPC3010 awaits a upgrade..

I really don't think another Cisco DPC3010 is gonna matter. But the modem running a old firmware, can cause a negative effect like the problem your seeing. So the key here will be getting that modem on the latest firmware, then doing some testing again. between 2-4am most nights cox runs a modem check, and updates the firmware on modem's not running correct firmware. So as long as you leave the modem online over night, in the morning it should be updated.

I will say I own a Cisco DPC3010 myself, and hated the very vanilla modem status page, and no access to modem log for troubleshooting. So I currently use a Motorola SB6180, as the modem side of things show a lot more info. My first D3 modem was a Motorola SB6120(still own), and I have also used Zoom 5341/5341J, Cisco DPQ3212(phone/internet modem), and Cisco DPC3010. So I have used a lot of D3 modem's, and Motorola is the one I like as I have more access to modem info when there is a problem. As the Cisco modem's are locked down once online, and very restricted with info.