spc
uniqs

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to broadband412

to broadband412

Re: bad upload speeds; some websites not resolving

Well I've had my 2 drops to my house replaced this past week, but I've been getting connection loss once a day still along with a corresponding T3 timeout in the modem log. Most of the T3 timeouts occur between 9:20 PM and 5:30 AM with one exception being at 1:33 PM. Had a RCS Partial Service and T3 timeout overnight between 12:30 and 5:30 AM on the 17th. Plus by Upstream has jumped between 51 and 53 dBmV on one of the drops while the other has 46.5 on the upstream. Makes no sense if both were replaced.

There must still be issues out there with the lines unless it's still somehow repair related.

wirewehere
@optonline.net

wirewehere

Anon

said by kickass69:

Well I've had my 2 drops to my house replaced this past week, but I've been getting connection loss once a day still along with a corresponding T3 timeout in the modem log. Most of the T3 timeouts occur between 9:20 PM and 5:30 AM with one exception being at 1:33 PM. Had a RCS Partial Service and T3 timeout overnight between 12:30 and 5:30 AM on the 17th. Plus by Upstream has jumped between 51 and 53 dBmV on one of the drops while the other has 46.5 on the upstream. Makes no sense if both were replaced.

There must still be issues out there with the lines unless it's still somehow repair related.

If you're getting different transmit values at the modem when you swap the drops there is a good chance there is water in the tap at the pole effecting only one of the output ports. Use the drop that gives you the lowest value (46.5), then when you get another tech out there, inform him of the discrepancy.