uniqs

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

Anonymous is hacking Israeli Web sites

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet as its a rather interesting battle and I wonder what the long range outcome will be as no doubt Anonymous has scored some victories in this fight

»gizmodo.com/5961399/anon ··· asswords

but this is far from over or even really just started, but it is one of the largest examples of cyber warfare to date so I would have thought interest would have been higher.

»www.washingtonpost.com/b ··· b-sites/

»www.anonpaste.me/anonpas ··· xtB4luA=

Blake

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna

Premium Member

Yep, was just reading about this.

Ken1943
join:2001-12-30
Brighton, CO

Ken1943 to Link Logger

to Link Logger
That is something I don't understand. Who started this in the first place ?

Maybe Gaza doesn't have any sites to hack !!

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay

MVM

"Anonymous Targets Israel by Taking Down Hundreds of Websites and Leaking Emails and Passwords."

They're not hacking sites in Gaza and I do hope that that was a slip of the mind and not trying to be humorous.

Also, "The targets taken down include the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs database and Bank of Jerusalem database, which have both been deleted. On top of that, Anon also took down over 600 sites with DDoS attacks and pasted over 2000 email addresses and passwords. Pretty rough"

That is pretty horrible and any country would not like this at all!
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO

Premium Member

said by jaykaykay:

That is pretty horrible and any country would not like this at all!

Thread is not about "any country". That makes the difference and that's why it's started...

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

1 recommendation

Blackbird to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
quote:
... To the IDF and government of Israel we issue you this warning only once. Do NOT shut down the Internet into the "Occupied Territories", and cease and desist from your terror upon the innocent people of Palestine or you will know the full and unbridled wrath of Anonymous. ...
Hmm. I wonder if the Anonymous semi-pro players grasp the dimensions of the "full and unbridled wrath of Mossad"? That
isn't some 3rd-world Hosni Mubarak-class outfit... they play hardball, for keeps.

goalieskates
Premium Member
join:2004-09-12
land of big

1 recommendation

goalieskates

Premium Member

Go Mossad. heh

The Anonymous folk-hero status is tarnishing rapidly these days. The methods are different, but I'm pretty sure we've seen this movie before.

muhahahaha
@comcast.net

muhahahaha to Blackbird

Anon

to Blackbird
I LOVE IT!
It's about time that Anonymous attacked someone that will totally fuck their shit up.

They think they are attacking U.S. or Canada where we just "talk the talk" but in reality the only thing that might happen is some jail time for some poor shmo that got cought.
Well the same can't be said for Russia, China or Israel. Those fuckers will go after the hacker, their wife, kids, close family members. Those anonymous folks honestly think they are living in lala land if they think that Mossad won't go after their ass...maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but few months from now there will be all bunch of strange deaths around the globe.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium Member
join:2000-05-14
Hedgesville, WV

DataDoc to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
"We are ANONYMOUS and NO ONE shuts down the Internet on our watch."

Except them.

Link Logger
MVM
Calgary, AB

Link Logger to Blackbird

MVM

to Blackbird
said by Blackbird:

Hmm. I wonder if the Anonymous semi-pro players grasp the dimensions of the "full and unbridled wrath of Mossad"? That
isn't some 3rd-world Hosni Mubarak-class outfit... they play hardball, for keeps.

The Mossad are a bunch of over-rated posers running around like everyone else pretending to be Canadians.

I would guess that a number of Anonymous members are Americans, so are you saying that the Mossad are going to carry out operations in the US against American citizens?

Blake

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran

Premium Member

Strangest thing, he spilled his tea and slipped and just happened to hit his head hard enough to kill himself...

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
said by Link Logger:

...The Mossad are a bunch of over-rated posers running around like everyone else pretending to be Canadians.

I would guess that a number of Anonymous members are Americans, so are you saying that the Mossad are going to carry out operations in the US against American citizens?

It's hard to say what they might do, or where. The short list of their hardball responses include successfully targeted persons in:
Afghanistan, Belgium, Congo Republic, Cyprus, Dubai, East Germany, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Iran, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Malta, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, and the West Bank.

Certainly, I doubt what the amateurs of Anonymous are doing rises to the level of that kind of response, especially against citizens in Western nations, but killing is not the only thing Mossad is noted for. They have been active in pointing out targets to local authorities for violations of local (or international) laws in many other nations than on the list above. My point is that they don't play "easy", whether you choose to believe that or not.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
"Anonymous Hackers Hit Israeli Sites In Retaliation For Gaza Attacks"
quote:
As the Israeli army rains shells on the Gaza strip Thursday, it’s also gone on the offensive online, posting videos of its attacks on Hamas targets and live-tweeting its campaign. Now the hacker group Anonymous has responded with a digital bombardment of its own.
Article

Link Logger
MVM
Calgary, AB

Link Logger to Blackbird

MVM

to Blackbird
said by Blackbird:

It's hard to say what they might do, or where. The short list of their hardball responses include successfully targeted persons in:
Afghanistan, Belgium, Congo Republic, Cyprus, Dubai, East Germany, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Iran, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Malta, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, and the West Bank.

Certainly, I doubt what the amateurs of Anonymous are doing rises to the level of that kind of response, especially against citizens in Western nations, but killing is not the only thing Mossad is noted for. They have been active in pointing out targets to local authorities for violations of local (or international) laws in many other nations than on the list above. My point is that they don't play "easy", whether you choose to believe that or not.

So here is the problem, first countries don't like other countries killing their citizens, especially inside their country. Can you imagine what would happen if a Mossad hit team screwed up in the US, what do you think the fallout would be in terms of American support for Israel, then if someone was able to connect the dots back to the US government being aware of the activity, double whammy. Even if you couldn't connect the dots the fallout would be just as bad having an supposed very close ally working a plan like that in back, problematic for sure. The risk is much higher then the reward here.

Next pointing out 'violations' of laws, that has a problem in the US as the Judge is going to ask questions about how the information was collected and if you a said foreign agent told me, that would pretty much be the end of the trial right there. Not to mention that you have admitted a foreign nation collecting data about your citizens inside your country, problematic again (how do you know that bob's machine is not just a zombie, because you were able to monitor bob's house and network connection in and out etc, how did you do that?).

The collection of miscreants called Anonymous are pretty much like mosquitoes, they buzz around alot, perhaps annoy you and might even get in the occasional bite, but what do you do stop that, you put on some bug repellent. The point is you have to take the step to defend yourself. We used to spray DDT all over the place but that had some side effects that were worse then the mosquitoes, same thing here with hackers in general, sure we could put some measures in to make catching them easier, but I don't think the general internet population would go for it.

Sure a few Anonymous folks might have a visitor make some suggestions about finding a new hobby, but with a whacked out group like Anonymous that might not have the desired effect.

Of course with a group like Anonymous, a pile of them are already FBI informants, and no doubt any operation they take on creates fractions within the group as individual beliefs etc differ, so yep some prison cell are going to get new occupants, but will that stop Anonymous, nope so get out the repellent as this isn't something the Mossad can fix.

As a side note, it must be Anonymous newbie time as seriously who would delete a database if you wanted to cause chaos. If you have access to delete a database, there are far worse things you can do then delete it.

Blake
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO

Premium Member

said by Link Logger:

Sure a few Anonymous folks might have a visitor make some suggestions about finding a new hobby
Of course with a group like Anonymous, a pile of them are already FBI informants,..

May be that's true and it's under control of the mentioned agency. Then who could guarantee that those "visitors" and "suggestions" are not from the same agency too? Who knows what are the real intentions under all those actions...

Link Logger
MVM
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

said by OZO:

said by Link Logger:

Sure a few Anonymous folks might have a visitor make some suggestions about finding a new hobby
Of course with a group like Anonymous, a pile of them are already FBI informants,..

May be that's true and it's under control of the mentioned agency. Then who could guarantee that those "visitors" and "suggestions" are not from the same agency too? Who knows what are the real intentions under all those actions...

The idea you don't know which agency it is, you just get a visitor who seems to walk in at the worst possible moment, who is able to tell you in great detail what your doing and who your doing it with, and then suggests perhaps you shouldn't do it anymore because you are not as sneaky as you think you are and then he just walks out If your unable to take the good advice the next visit is from the guys who don't seem to know what door knobs are for.

Blake

norwegian
Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
said by Link Logger:

So here is the problem, first countries don't like other countries killing their citizens, especially inside their country. Can you imagine what would happen if a Mossad hit team screwed up in the US, what do you think the fallout would be in terms of American support for Israel, then if someone was able to connect the dots back to the US government being aware of the activity, double whammy. Even if you couldn't connect the dots the fallout would be just as bad having an supposed very close ally working a plan like that in back, problematic for sure. The risk is much higher then the reward here.

I understand your thoughts on this, and the problem is that not everything is zero's and one's. The country would have to know something illegitimate went on in the first place to be in a position to react. The fact remains there is enough science out there to hide all sorts of methods. Similar to there is a lot of science to detecting and back-tracing till you have the events in a clear picture.

Not that much different to black hat's v's white hat's in IT I would think, in an attempt to explain what I mean. However if someone is downed they won't be getting up to prove it one way or the other.

You have to give it to the Anon team if they had the balls....however what proof is it that says it is them and not another anon pushing an agenda of their own? Skepticism I know, but no one is here with classified docs releasing info either to tell me who it was.

traveltings
@dtra.mil

traveltings to Link Logger

Anon

to Link Logger
If and I say if the given target is ID to be specifically malicious then one has to understand that people do travel for vacations and not everyone travels within their nation and accidents do happen when people travel abroad. Hence the international health insurance. Just saying.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
said by Link Logger:

... So here is the problem, first countries don't like other countries killing their citizens, especially inside their country. Can you imagine what would happen if a Mossad hit team screwed up in the US, what do you think the fallout would be in terms of American support for Israel, then if someone was able to connect the dots back to the US government being aware of the activity, double whammy. Even if you couldn't connect the dots the fallout would be just as bad having an supposed very close ally working a plan like that in back, problematic for sure. The risk is much higher then the reward here.

I'm not so sure what the effect would be on American support for Israel. It certainly didn't suffer that large a lasting 'hit' when Israel knowingly attacked the USS Liberty intel ship in the eastern Med back in the late 60's. While Israel values her relations with the US, she makes her own security determinations of who and what to hit based on her own priorities and survival perceptions... and those certainly don't always line up with American viewpoints of what is acceptable or not. As far as the risk-reward ratio, for it to influence their choices of action, that depends purely on how the Israelis see the impact, motivation, and influences governing whatever Anonymous (or certain factions within) are presently doing. A long time ago, I learned that the Mossad marches to its own drumbeat, one that doesn't always make sense to American (or Canadian) ears - in part because we don't live in the threat scenario they do. Of all the spook agencies in the developed world, they are far and away the one most persistent in taking "direct actions"... and the one I'd least want to "mess around with".
said by Link Logger:

Next pointing out 'violations' of laws, that has a problem in the US as the Judge is going to ask questions about how the information was collected and if you a said foreign agent told me, that would pretty much be the end of the trial right there. Not to mention that you have admitted a foreign nation collecting data about your citizens inside your country, problematic again (how do you know that bob's machine is not just a zombie, because you were able to monitor bob's house and network connection in and out etc, how did you do that?).

The collection of miscreants called Anonymous are pretty much like mosquitoes, they buzz around alot, perhaps annoy you and might even get in the occasional bite, but what do you do stop that, you put on some bug repellent. ...

Regarding the pointing out 'violations' of law, Mossad's pattern has never been to do that directly to a 'judge' in another nation - in past situations, they simply tell at least part of what they know and how they figured it out to a sympathetic contact in an agency of the other nation, letting them develop their own native information and evidence based on the 'tip' or 'outline'. In some cases, it's worked out that the other nation's enforcement agencies have taken the ball and run with it; in other cases, that hasn't happened. If the stakes are high enough, the latter can become a situation when they've been known to take their own "direct action".

If Mossad looks at Anonymous merely as the 'mosquitoes' you describe, then they'll respond accordingly. But if Mossad sees something that threatens Israel's vital/survival interests, they will act somehow, somewhere, in some way. If it were me in Anonymous, that's a personal risk I'd be very unwilling to take, simply because I'd lack confidence in my ability to accurately read how they were likely to react.

dbarber
join:2000-07-25
West Chester, PA

dbarber

said by Blackbird:

I'm not so sure what the effect would be on American support for Israel. It certainly didn't suffer that large a lasting 'hit' when Israel knowingly attacked the USS Liberty intel ship in the eastern Med back in the late 60's.

But that was an "accident"! They didn't see the ten foot American flag, even though gun camera footage made it quite clear.
If they can plaster over that, they can fix almost anything. I mean who's going to miss a couple of "hackers"?

goalieskates
Premium Member
join:2004-09-12
land of big

goalieskates to Blackbird

Premium Member

to Blackbird
said by Blackbird:

I'm not so sure what the effect would be on American support for Israel. ... While Israel values her relations with the US, she makes her own security determinations of who and what to hit based on her own priorities and survival perceptions... and those certainly don't always line up with American viewpoints of what is acceptable or not.

Come to that, I'm not sure there's a consistent American viewpoint, especially now. The current government is against Al Qaeda except when it's not politically expedient. I give you Benghazi.

We sacrificed far more than an ambassador. After that, Anonymous doesn't even hit the radar.
Rebirth
join:2009-06-18

Rebirth to Link Logger

to Link Logger
Yes, we must NEVER forget that the occupiers "Israel" Knowingly attacked the USS Liberty navy ship, which killed a number of US personel & injured Many others. Apart from causing 100,000's of dollars in damage, or more !

How did the USA goverment punish them ? It did NOT ! In fact it continued to give them millions of USA taxpayers $ year after year. This year they got 4.5 BILLION dollars worth of actual $ weapons/aircraft etc etc. Add up ALL the $ the've received since 1948 from the USA taxpayers $ & it would pay off the national debt ! Just think what a MUCH more prosperous country the USA could have been !

Not only that, but Israel does spy on US citizens, & once again courtesy of Your tax dollars. Also a lot of their companies are involved in data base collection & "security" ( LOL ) & make spying equipment used against you !

So good for Anonymous & their ilk. Mossad & their paymasters are Long overdue for a bloody nose, at the Very least !

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to OZO

MVM

to OZO
I was responding to Ken1943's comment: "Maybe Gaza doesn't have any sites to hack !!" The article was pertaining to Anonymous attacking Israel, was it not?

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX

Doctor Four to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
They TRIED to hit Iraeli websites with their attacks, but nearly all of them failed. Only one attack succeeded, partially, and the site, which was "wobbly" for a few minutes, quickly recovered.

Score: Israelis: 43,999,999 & 1/2
Anonymous: 1/2 (well effectively 0)

This was posted at Slashdot - »it.slashdot.org/story/12 ··· nonymous The original is at: »www.timesofisrael.com/st ··· attacks/

Link Logger
MVM
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

Apparently ZCompanyHackingCrew thinks they score a hack
quote:
A group calling itself the ZCompanyHackingCrew has taken credit for the defacing of the Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Blogger accounts belonging to Israeli Vice Prime Minister Silvan Shalom. The same group has posted what it claims are the partial contents of Shalom's Gmail inbox along with contact information and a variety of seemingly confidential documents.
»www.nbcnews.com/technolo ··· C7204164

Blake

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
If you want to see how the Internet can -really- damage Israel, read these two books:

»iamthewitness.com/books/ ··· ears.pdf

»vho.org/aaargh/fran/livr ··· trov.pdf

The Internet allows for the dissemination of information to millions of people that was total lost or otherwise obscure.

Link Logger
MVM
Calgary, AB

Link Logger

MVM

So after releasing data on 5000 Israeli Officials Anonymous is now calling off its dogs of war.
quote:
although this may not apply to all groups – Anonymous has asked hacktivists supporting OpIsrael to stop launching attacks. They explain that although they don’t have any problem interfering in a war, they don’t want to interfere with peace.

In a statement, members of Anonymous Global have explained that they “feel” like they have succeeded in accomplishing their goals.

“No one in the world desires a just and lasting peace more than Anonymous. While we in the collective have no problem interfering in war, we do NOT believe it is productive to interfere with peace,” they wrote.

“We will therefore stand down immediately from all further cyber attacks upon the IDF or Israel so as not to risk this delicate and perilous cease fire arrangement. Likewise, we encourage all those cyber groups who have joined with us to also cease and desist now from aggressive acts, and give this cease-fire a chance,” they added.
»news.softpedia.com/news/ ··· 41.shtml

Sometimes you don't know if this is real or if you just woke up to discover that the world is one great big pathetic soap opera full of B rate actors.

Blake