All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival

is there any reason why On Demand has to "timeout"?

and the "resume" option never works either which results in me normally just letting it run, rather than pause it, cause its quicker to just rewind, than have to fastforward from the beginning if its more than 30min in
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829

Re: is there any reason why On Demand has to "timeout"

The only time "resume" actually works for me is when I pause it and let it time out.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to eival

to eival
I've noticed the time-out for on-demand programs but haven't timed it. Seems to be about two minutes, but does anyone know specifically?

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival to knarf829

to knarf829
said by knarf829:

The only time "resume" actually works for me is when I pause it and let it time out.

i see the "resume" option but it never works, it just starts from the beginning again

MagicalPig
join:2008-07-25

MagicalPig to eival

to eival
I suspect it Times Out to free up bandwidth and resources. If the program is sitting there forever it ties something up at the VHO. I don't know VOD works but there can't be a indefinite amount of instances a VOD program can run.
Reyr
join:2009-01-03
Wilmington, DE

Reyr to eival

to eival
I feel VOD is very sketchy. I often get request can not be processed at this time. This goes for free and purchased content. It's very obnoxious and usually happens at night time hours...which is when I typically watch TV. It doesn't even have to be late. They surely can't be updating their content this frequently as it happens a few times a week.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Assuming every time we cant restart, the whole movie has to be reloaded in order to fast forward through it. They really should fix this.

MagicalPig
join:2008-07-25

MagicalPig to Reyr

to Reyr
I've noticed the same at the over night hours. Around 2am (EST) Assumed it was maintenance and never called.