uniqs
share rss forum feed

AnnaS8

join:2005-05-26
Annapolis, MD
reply to Weirdal

Re: Xbox cloud saves

said by Weirdal:

Microsoft's data centers are certainly less likely lose your data than your xbox hard drive is. And they're just game saves, not irreplaceable heirlooms.

A more important reason not to use it is if you think you'll ever need your saves when not connected to the internet.

Well while I know they aren't irreplaceable...It is a bit of a pain in the tail to lose them. Starting GTA IV from the begining or Crackdown's orb hunting from scratch is no picnic that is for sure.

Not that I am so much worried about MS losing them. I just want to understand how it works so I know how to make sure I have my most current save. Online or offline.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
said by AnnaS8:

Not that I am so much worried about MS losing them. I just want to understand how it works so I know how to make sure I have my most current save. Online or offline.

It just saves your game to one of Microsoft's cloud servers. You won't be able to access the save offline, but if your console died a horrible death and you had to get another one you wouldn't lose your progress in your games.

jimbo23

@mchsi.com
said by bionicRod:

You won't be able to access the save offline,

yes you can, cloud saves are mirrored on your console

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
said by jimbo23 :

said by bionicRod:

You won't be able to access the save offline,

yes you can, cloud saves are mirrored on your console

Cool, sorry for the bad info and thanks for the correction.