spc
uniqs

anhisr
join:2001-12-01
Ballwin, MO

anhisr to cork1958

to cork1958

Re: [HSI] Charter Monthly Bandwidth Limits

what legal grounds could you use to sue. "They have to let me use it all the time" I do not see a judge going for it.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya

MVM

said by anhisr:

what legal grounds could you use to sue. "They have to let me use it all the time" I do not see a judge going for it.

If I had the money, I would sue any ISP with caps who also offers video services under the Sherman Anti-trust Act.
I would argue that:
#1) the "bandwidth crunch" isn't real. It isn't, BTW.
Once that's been established,
#2) the real reason bandwidth caps are in place is to keep subscribers from using alternative video services such as Netflix, Vudu, Amazon, Google TV, Apple TV, Roku, etc...

We all know that this is what BW caps are really all about.

The Sherman act isn't just about monopolies, it's about using your prevalent place in the market to stifle competition. That's exactly what the cable companies, AT&T, and Verizon are doing. They want to keep that captive customer base tuning in to their video services. Think of it as video "cock-blocking".

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

I'm sure any decent lawyer would do it for free provided they thought they could win and provided they get their cut if you were to win.

So, give it a shot. Call up a lawyer and see what your chances are. Make sure to record that call so we can hear how loud that lawyer laughs at you!!

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

I don't think it will be as funny as your think. I'm pretty sure this is the route Netflix and Google will take when they finally sue.
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99

said by nunya:

I don't think it will be as funny as your think. I'm pretty sure this is the route Netflix and Google will take when they finally sue.

If they thought it was a viable option what are they waiting for?
pinky321 (banned)
join:2002-06-05

pinky321 (banned) to nunya

to nunya
said by nunya:

The Sherman act isn't just about monopolies, it's about using your prevalent place in the market to stifle competition. That's exactly what the cable companies, AT&T, and Verizon are doing. They want to keep that captive customer base tuning in to their video services. Think of it as video "cock-blocking".

Not Verizon as Verizon FiOS has no cap and video service.