share rss forum feed

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19

2 edits
reply to Ernest House

Re: ADSL Filters and other Prep for Self Install

said by Ernest House:

AT&T Uverse tier-2 support assures me the self install will work fine.

LOL!

I love ATT tier 2 agents. Anything to get you off that line!

Generally with ADSL ---> VDSL self install you will have bridge tap. Bridge tap is like kryptonite to VDSL.

public

join:2002-01-19
Santa Clara, CA
reply to jl166r

said by jl166r :

new VDSL2 splitter/filter that will split the VDSL2 & POTS. IMU these have a different filtering frequency, as well as the wall jack filters will also.

You are not making any sense. All xdsl filters are 4kHz low pass, all xdsl begins at 20kHz. There are no vdsl specific filters.

jlewsader

join:2012-11-30
Covington, IN

said by public:

You are not making any sense. All xdsl filters are 4kHz low pass, all xdsl begins at 20kHz. There are no vdsl specific filters.

I'm not familiar with his Suttle unit and I can't find specs for the current AT&T sp/fi but if u look at the specs for these two Wilcom units(links below), the ADSL filter only blocks up to 2.2Mhz while the VDSL model blocks up to 30Mhz. Even if he is only getting HSIA and no IPTV, the signal can still be above the 2.2Mhz bandwidth because he will still be getting max atainable line rate pushed to his house. He will most likely be on a 19Mbps profile since he won't be getting IPTV.

»www.wilcominc.com/product_pdfs/P···-007.pdf

»www.wilcominc.com/product_pdfs/P···-004.pdf

Ernest House
Premium
join:2008-08-17
Boca Raton, FL
reply to mudir007

I called T-Mobile and they saturday delivery overnighted a USB 4G device. I had my whole house network running on it before lunchtime saturday.

Meanwhile, over the weekend, to their credit, after many calls to support, AT&T support escalated my case to what they called the highest level. This morning, I got a call saying they reinstated my DSL account and after an hour of working through a very slow registration, I had DSL service again.

Right now, my 3MBS DSL connects at 1920. AT&T said they'd work on it to get it better.

I also re-ordered UVERSE and they said they will install it next Tuesday. What kind of performance from the 12 MBS service can I expect?

Ernest House
Premium
join:2008-08-17
Boca Raton, FL

EPILOG: Installation by a tech named Rick went smooth as could be. I'm getting 11.3 down and 1.4 up. Suttle is still inline. The modem comes with filters.

The AT&T process is awful. I have 3 UVERSE modems:
1) The original
2) One for the rescheduled order
3) Some unknown order presumably leftover from the original botched order

LOL... we'll see what the billing turns out being and maybe I won't be laughing.