Search similar:

uniqs
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

[BC] What is going on Telus?

There is now a new speed Turbo 50
While on the other hand customers are still waiting for their Turbo 25 ?
Telus promised when they introduced Turbo 25 that everyone would be gettting it.
Now it seems the new speed is being introduced the same time that others are still waiting for their 25 upgrade.
So what is going on?
rayl6
join:2012-11-09
Surrey, BC

rayl6

yea the way its looking ill always be one to two speeds behind current top one

Branflakes
@74.198.150.x

Branflakes to Kruisey

Anon

to Kruisey
Don't worry TELUS promises to have you 30mbps in a few weeks time:

Last quarter transcript:

»about.telus.com/servlet/ ··· 2012.pdf

"Joe Natale
Sure. Just a couple of quick comments on that. Then I will talk about Optik On-the-Go. We will have
100% of our ADSL footprint covered by VDSL 2 by the end of this year. That is roughly 2.4 million
homes with speeds up to 30 Mbps. Bonding is something that we are undertaking right now, as well.
And that will roughly double the profile to between 50 Mbps or more"

Luk
@162.106.6.x

Luk to Kruisey

Anon

to Kruisey
Not sure what the issue is... I'm pretty sure the goal is still to get everyone to the Turbo 25. But everyone on the 25 is now capable of getting much higher than that, so why hold them back. I was actually surprised they hadn't done this earlier. When I first got 25 internet about 1+ year ago, my attainable sync speed was something like 76 down and 13 up.

It's not like they are taking away resources to upgrade people to the 50 speed. Telus would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't offer these upgraded profiles (which are already attainable with minimal work). Otherwise, Shaw furthers the internet speed gap.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

I am on the 25 mbps now.
Was wondering why Telus was going ahead with Turbo 50 when there are customers out there stll waiting for 25.?
If you are correct in saying we that have Turbo 25 should be able to have Turbo 50.In my case I asked and informed not available in my area yet.
Does that mean that those with Turbo 25 are BLOCKED by the Company from obtaining higher speeds?

ynohtna
Need... Speed
join:2005-02-02
Burnaby, BC

ynohtna

lol does it have to be a conspiracy? You'll get it when they're ready to give it. It's not like they don't want your money.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

I am also thinking in an unselfish way for those that still cannot get Turbo 25.
I myself waited over two years to get it.Phoning and checking always being told a certain time period,repeating yet again.
So I really have empathy for those in this situation.
Symtex
join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC

Symtex to Kruisey

to Kruisey
said by Kruisey:

There is now a new speed Turbo 50
While on the other hand customers are still waiting for their Turbo 25 ?
Telus promised when they introduced Turbo 25 that everyone would be gettting it.
Now it seems the new speed is being introduced the same time that others are still waiting for their 25 upgrade.
So what is going on?

People that live close to the ERA are always going to have the fastest speed available to them. That's just the reality of things. We have lots of build going on right now and we have more plan for 2013. Once loop bonding goes beyond Edmonton and Prince George, it will increase the availability of Optik25 and Optik50 to a whole new set of customer.

There is lots of money invested in the network. You will have to be patient a little more.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

I gather from your conversation that it is a funding issue.?
In a way it is still unfair for customers that are outside these special zones which even includes areas of the big cities.
With all the new Technology and 4G in wireless it makes me wonder about things.
Symtex
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

said by Kruisey:

I gather from your conversation that it is a funding issue.?
In a way it is still unfair for customers that are outside these special zones which even includes areas of the big cities.
With all the new Technology and 4G in wireless it makes me wonder about things.

It takes time to deploy new equipment. It not always money the issue. I understand your frustration. Rome wasn't build in a day. Same thing applies to TELUS network. The loop bonding was develop for that specific purpose : allow user to have higher speed while we build our network for higher speed.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

Thank you for your reply.
I have a suggestion and I hope those concerned will read this.
When one joins Telus there is a confidentiality form one must sign.
Would think that would include any testing of a new product by employees.
Advertising would be arranged by The Company after the product was proven to the general public.
Any leaked information in advance could contribute to longer wait periods for customers causing annoyance ,disappointments plus time wasting for for both sides the consumer and Telus.

GhostM
@telus.net

GhostM

Anon

What is the upload speed of the 50 service, I could not find anything about it.
Nas1
join:2011-10-05
Camrose, AB

Nas1

10 Mbps according to those already on it. Also it would appear that the new speed tier is still in the soft launch stage seeing as there isn't any information on the website yet. I was told the same thing as you Kruisley, that it wasn't in my area yet. We all just have to be patient.

Luk
@telus.net

Luk to Kruisey

Anon

to Kruisey
Not understanding your post...
are you trying to say that all the Telus guys who take their own personal time to post on these forums to help us out should just shut up and not talk about any future technologies and upcoming product releases???
If that's the case, then I'd probably say most people on here would disagree with you.
Having inside information on the 50mb internet speed is awesome. And I don't even know how much of it is inside, since I learned about the service from a regular customer service rep on the phone first.

Anyways, you are coming off as entitled.. Just because you can't get the fastest internet, nobody else should...
oh, and we shouldn't talk about it on an internet forum because it will annoy/dissapoint you...

Dude, just relax. Not everyone will be always able to get the fastest internet package. That has been a reality since high speed internet came into existence.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

A Confidentiality agreement means just that .
Unless the OK to post is given by the Company.
Was that given?
Symtex
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

said by Kruisey:

A Confidentiality agreement means just that .
Unless the OK to post is given by the Company.
Was that given?

I have not given any information I wasn't allowed to give. You should know that TELUS reads social media all the time. They want to know what the customer thinks about the experience they had with the product.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

Naturally the Company wishes to know what the employees testing think about this and report any problems
If there were any problems do you think the Company would wont the compeditors and General Public to know about this?
Ask yourself this. If Telus had wanted the world to know about this why have we not seem any of their promotions on the TV and web for this new service.
Symtex
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

said by Kruisey:

Naturally the Company wishes to know what the employees testing think about this and report any problems
If there were any problems do you think the Company would wont the compeditors and General Public to know about this?
Ask yourself this. If Telus had wanted the world to know about this why have we not seem any of their promotions on the TV and web for this new service.

We are noit the MIb with neurolyser....

Soft launch are there for a reason. We want to slowly build our Optik50 network. We don't want to get flooded until we know we can handle more volume. It called doing it the right way.

JammerMan79
Premium Member
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79 to Kruisey

Premium Member

to Kruisey
this is the reason why i really try to not respond to Kruisey's posts... ever since he/she asked for help, I offered, they msg'd me their information, I fixed it and then they msg'd me that they wished they didn't send me their info as they didn't know what I'd do with it... also that I shouldn't be asking for customer information online.

I've mentioned before about some of their complaining... it just seems entitled.
I've also never posted anything that I would not be allowed to discuss if a customer asked me in person
pb2k
join:2005-05-30
Calgary, AB

pb2k to Kruisey

to Kruisey
said by Kruisey:

Any leaked information in advance could contribute to longer wait periods for customers causing annoyance ,disappointments plus time wasting for for both sides the consumer and Telus.

I for one, rather enjoy the insights, technical assistance and hints about upcoming products that the likes of symtex and TierX (and others) provide to this forum. It makes for far better threads than say, people moaning about only being able to get 25mbit service at a price 40% less than the rest of us.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey to Symtex

to Symtex

There have been over 6000 looks on the Turbo 50 thread would you call that soft sell?
Imagine the poor guys in Customer and Technical Services getting bombarded with enquires making wait times even longer than the usual lengthy time?
This new service is only available in a very few areas and I can imagine at this moment in time over 80% of customers cannot have this service.
Looking at this from your point of view as 'Soft Sell' it sure is costing the Company big bucks for all the no sell calls it will be taking.
Maybe you can answer this very simple question .
Did Telus authorise some of you to 'SOFT SELL' this new product on this web site.
pb2k
join:2005-05-30
Calgary, AB

pb2k

said by Kruisey:

There have been over 6000 looks on the Turbo 50 thread would you call that soft sell?

Those are not unique visitors.

Imagine the poor guys in Customer and Technical Services getting bombarded with enquires making wait times even longer than the usual lengthy time?

The CSRs are paid to do this, although most of them appear not to read memos on new product launchs.

This new service is only available in a very few areas and I can imagine at this moment in time over 80% of customers cannot have this service.

Stop pulling numbers out of your @$$.

Looking at this from your point of view as 'Soft Sell' it sure is costing the Company big bucks for all the no sell calls it will be taking.

CSR's get paid, 9-5 and go home, who cares if they need to spend 2 minutes checking a qualification? Best case, telus gets a $20/month upsell.

Maybe you can answer this very simple question .
Did Telus authorise some of you to 'SOFT SELL' this new product on this web site.

As soon as telus releases a new service, be it soft launch or a million $ ad campaign, they can't stop employees from talking about it, especially those who can get commission from sales.
Warbucks
join:2006-11-05
Edmonton, AB

Warbucks to Kruisey

to Kruisey
Why do you care so much how they roll out this upgraded service? It took me less than 5 minutes to reach someone in support and verify if I qualify for the upgraded service.

I'd much rather Telus roll the upgrades out slowly and ensure their network can handle it.

Give it up all ready.

Luk
@162.106.6.x

Luk to Kruisey

Anon

to Kruisey
At this point, you're pretty much trolling...

I can tell you that I heard from my neighbour that Bob in Customer Relations did actually authorize the "SOFT SELL" of this new product on this website...
he said they needed to get 4th quarter numbers up..
Expand your moderator at work
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey to Warbucks

to Warbucks

Re: [BC] What is going on Telus?

I am pleased that you got your service another satisfied customer.
I honestly was told by the Company that this service was being tested out by employees and not ready for the general public .
Now I am hearing it is being allowed as a soft sell on this website?
When I signed my agreement many years ago if I divulged Company information I would loose my job.
Guess times have changed.
Kruisey

Kruisey to Luk

to Luk
Maybe you should look up in the dictionary the meaning of' Troll 'and retract those words.
Expand your moderator at work
Kruisey

Kruisey to JammerMan79

to JammerMan79

Re: [BC] What is going on Telus?

I am sending you a PRIVATE e mail

JammerMan79
Premium Member
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member