uniqs

plk
Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
united state

plk

Premium Member

unknown screen saver using my pictures.

From time to time I get this screen saver using my pictures. I do not want this at all. I thought maybe it was epson scanner software. Seem to come back when this software runs.
Yesterday I updates nvidia software and this screen saver is back. Epson software has not ran in months.

Does anyone know if either of these programs have screen savers and how to remove them?

SychoSly
Scoot the World
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
Mount Prospect, IL

SychoSly

Premium Member

Go into your display properties and then screen saver. You can see what is active and then turn it off completely or change it. Windows has a built in one called "photos" that may be active.

plk
Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
united state

plk

Premium Member

windows says no screen savers active
wssddc
join:2001-08-21
Bedford, MA

wssddc to plk

to plk
You might get a helpful clue from the name of the screensaver program. But you can't look at task manager without stopping the screensaver. So try using pslist from system internals to list running processes from another computer with a network connection. If you're lucky, an identifiable program will disappear from the task list when you stop the screensaver.

Simpler things to try first are looking for suggestive names in the task list and browsing the add/remove programs list.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar to plk

Premium Member

to plk
My boys XP computer desktop has been showing photos ever since he bought it. It is part of the screen-saver choices. My win7 also has as photos choice in the screen-savers options it will automatically find your photo folder. I have not used a screen-saver in years they are no longer necessary to protect ones screen.