how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anamer

join:2011-11-03
Tampa, FL
reply to HDOrlando

Re: Bright House HD Channel Anticipation Thread (Q1-2013)

There is probably little demand for it, but i'd like to see the Funimation-HD channel, even if it's only in the form of "On Demand" like with the Anime Network.

HDOrlando

join:2011-11-30
kudos:1

Not a lot of carriers have that.

It could be a possibility down the line so you never know.

Speaking of channels, there is a rumor that Military Channel HD has launched in HD.

If it did, I expect TWC/BHN to pick this up pretty quickly as there are very few channels that BHN has in SD that are offered in HD that they have not picked up.

RUQRU
Premium
join:2005-07-30
Florida

I remember a channedl "back in the day" called HDNet. Any chance we will see HDNet Movies again?

Lpvancini

join:2012-12-02
reply to HDOrlando

So does this lead to the end of the analog channels coming in 2013?

So support to those who connect their TV's directly to the BHN cable will only receive the local channels?

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

RUQRU: HDNet is now AXS.TV and apparently they are dumping a lot of their popular programming for concerts and censoring shows like Art Mann.

HDNet Movies is still intact and given how AXS.TV's top goal is getting all of the cable carriers they lost over the past few years back into the hold I could see a deal eventually happening to accomplish this.

The real issue has been AXS.TV (then HDNet) being on Digital Basic instead of the HD Pak. If they lower their price more, something could happen and they might cave a little more since they have not gained any carriers back since the rebranding in June.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Lpvancini,

Time Warner Cable is doing this but no idea when Bright House will do this.

RUQRU
Premium
join:2005-07-30
Florida
reply to HDOrlando

Thanks, that would be cool. Never enough movies ;~)

paulie

join:2012-12-05
Lutz, FL
reply to HDOrlando

What is the lineup for Pasco

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Paulie,

tampabay.brighthouse.com

Go to channel lineup and the pulldown banner.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

We are all getting the TWC National version of the Lakers Channels tomorrow.

Bakersfield already has them because they have the local version.

i doubt we all get BBC World news until the end of the month.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

The TWC SportsNet Channels are up a few hours early in Orlando.

TWC SportsNet National SD/HD 204/1134 (Sports Pass)
TWC Deportes National SD/HD 927/1913 (Nuestros Canales)

rossies

join:2007-08-06
Tarpon Springs, FL
reply to HDOrlando

BBC World News up and running in Pinellas County on 1222 as of last night.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

rossies,

It definitely is.

It's not in the guide yet but if you punch in 1222, you can see it.

They still have not moved the SD version of BBC America to it's new section and put BBC World News SD in it's place.

Thanks for the tip.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

I have an update on some things based on TWC Legal Notices and some other reports.

A TWC Kansas City Legal Notice shows that not only is BBC America off of the month to month carriage deals but so are channels from Scripps.

Cooking Channel, DIY, Food Network and GAC

It also appears that GSN is no longer on the list.

While the above channels were likely never getting pulled, it's nice to shrink the list and give anyone worried about the possibility of losing the above channels for a few days some piece of mind.

I will keep everyone posted if the other TWC month to month deals which mirror Bright House's are showing the same thing.

There is some other good news

Military Channel HD

and Military History HD

are now available.

»buckeyecablesystem.com/lineups/l···neup.pdf

and there is an interesting rumor that Chiller might finally be available in HD.

If this is true, I might harass Gary worse than the beIN Sport people until we get it. I do have confidence BHN would add it pretty quickly though anyway. Chiller HD goes to the top of my list if it's available.

These new HD channels launching show it's going to be another fun year on the HD front.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Everyone,

Chiller is indeed on HD on a few small cable systems so we should get it within the first 6 months of 2013.

On another note, were all likely losing Ovation TV On December 31

»www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/1···663.html

As TWC which does deals for BHN is dropping the channel.

yimitz

join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI
reply to HDOrlando

BBC World News is now active in Michigan.

yimitz

join:2012-09-21
Livonia, MI
reply to HDOrlando

Uh oh. Ms. Yimitz will not be a happy camper if/when Ovation goes.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
reply to HDOrlando

military hd sure would be nice!!

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Based on news reports, it seems more than Ovation might be on the chopping block.

I think TWC wants to make a statement here.

If they do drop channels, adding HD versions of say Chiller and Military Channel could soften the blow.

The only ones rumored that I'm not a little concerned about are IFC (Sometimes like to watch movies) and Current (Documentaries).

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to HDOrlando

said by HDOrlando:

Bigdaddy: I might just do that. Maybe even do a separate thread. Which HD channels do you still want?

1 HDNet Movies HD
2 Epix HD
3 Encore Westerns HD
4 More Starz/Encore HD Channels

Thanks

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

BigDaddy,

Given how TWC/BHN are dropping indy channels, not sure how much of a chance HDNet Movies has especially with how they want AXS.TV (formerly HDNet) on Digital Basic. The new channel is crap and BHN will not overpay. If only they would do HDNet Movies seperately.

EPIX would be nice and with that Netflix deal over, you never know.

Hopefully, with the renewal (BBC America, Food Network, Cooking Channel, DIY, GAC and GSN) and dropping of Ovation and possibly other channels by year's end, a deal will get struck with Starz which will lead to more HD Starz/Encore.

HDOrlando

1 edit
reply to HDOrlando

Time Warner Cable In California is adding Military Channel HD in January.

This becomes a stronger possibility for us.

Ziroc

join:2008-11-10
Lakeland, FL
reply to HDOrlando

I'd love for Bright House to add Sky News... Its a great news channel... they cover Int. News as well.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Is there an American version available in SD or HD.

We should get word on the Michigan this afternoon or evening.

Since Bright House adds things to the main systems around the same time, it should give all of us an idea of what will be in our notice likely next Monday.

I'm predicting Military Channel HD in January for all of us. May that happen and more goodies come with it.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Michigan's notice via yimitz

There were no surprises on the month to month deals

Added: ShopNBC
Off: BBC America, Cooking Channel, DIY, Food Network, GAC and GSN.

No mention of Ovation TV being dropped but it's happening January 1.

1 new HD Channel

Jewelry TV HD (February 1)

It's likely everyone's notice and while it is not what anyone wanted and feel the above should have been added with the other shopping channels in late October (arrived a day or so early), at least we get it out of the way.

The stinger though: No Sundance HD, Military Channel HD or Chiller HD.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Orlando's Notice surprisingly came this morning.

It is exactly the same as The Michigan notice above.

We get Jewelry TV HD On channel 1328 February 1

I feel we should have gotten this channel when we got those other Shopping Channels in HD.

The good news is I doubt Bright House would only give us Jewelry TV HD in a quarter which means I feel Military Channel HD is still likely for the first quarter.

Not sure about Chiller HD and Military History HD although if available, they could come quickly but let me say this. Something must be up with Sundance HD. It's the only other channel on the TWC deals that is not month to month (Starz and TV Japan) and we have in SD.

I'm not sure what it is and I doubt it's the IFC and WE contract being up. Hopefully, we eventually get it.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Here is Indiana's notice that I pulled off of IndyStar.com. Following the pattern, it is similar to Orlando and Detroit's notices.

NOTICE TO BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORK CUSTOMERS This notice is to inform our Bright House Networks customers of upcoming changes to their cable programming lineup. From time to time our agreements with cable channels and television stations come up for renewal. While we do not anticipate any loss or disruption of service, regulations require us to notify you of the possibility of losing programming. Therefore, please be advised that our agreements with Current TV, E!, Encore, Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Family, Encore Family West, Encore Love, Encore Suspense, Encore West, Encore Westerns, GolTV, Hallmark, Hallmark Movie Channel, IFC, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network, Lifetime Real Women, MC (channels 925-970), NHL Center Ice, NHL Network, Shop NBC, Smithsonian, Starz, Starz Cinema, Starz Edge, Starz in Black, Starz Kids & Family, Style, WE and Youtoo remain in effect on a month-to-month basis, but we may have to cease carriage in all formats if our authority to continue is withheld. We are working diligently at this time to come to acceptable and fair terms with all of these channels. On or after February 1, 2013 , C-Span will move from channel 18 to channel 2. Bright House Networks utilizes a new digital video delivery technology known as Switched Digital Video (SDV). SDV is a robust bandwidth management system that makes it possible to offer more digital video programming services than before including new HD channels. To be able to offer more new video services, Bright House Networks will be moving some existing programming services to the new SDV system as well as adding new services on the SDV system. Effective February 1, 2013 the following channels will launch on the SDV system: Jewelry HD Digital Basic Channel 1269 These services will not be available on uni-directional retail devices as of the date(s) noted above. If you want to subscribe to these services, you will need a digital set-top box or tuning adaptor from Bright House Networks. Customers may continue to use their uni-directional retail device and CableCARD to receive video programming other than the programming delivered on the SDV system. Customers who also utilize a digital set-top box or tuning adaptor will be able to receive video programming delivered on the SDV system. Customers will be notified in advance of any other programming changes. For more information on Bright House Networks programming, please call 1-800-753-2253 or visit our website at www.brighthouse.com (S - 12/21/12 - 6022047) - 12/28

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

As expected, Ovation HD has been yanked.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Current TV is going to be dropped any minute as Time Warner Cable is doing it quickly after the channel was sold to Al-Jazera today.

DanG1974

join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL

Why? They just recently added beIN SPORT which is owned by them.