how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HDOrlando

join:2011-11-30
kudos:1
reply to HDOrlando

Re: Bright House HD Channel Anticipation Thread (Q1-2013)

BigDaddy,

Given how TWC/BHN are dropping indy channels, not sure how much of a chance HDNet Movies has especially with how they want AXS.TV (formerly HDNet) on Digital Basic. The new channel is crap and BHN will not overpay. If only they would do HDNet Movies seperately.

EPIX would be nice and with that Netflix deal over, you never know.

Hopefully, with the renewal (BBC America, Food Network, Cooking Channel, DIY, GAC and GSN) and dropping of Ovation and possibly other channels by year's end, a deal will get struck with Starz which will lead to more HD Starz/Encore.

HDOrlando

1 edit
reply to HDOrlando

Time Warner Cable In California is adding Military Channel HD in January.

This becomes a stronger possibility for us.

Ziroc

join:2008-11-10
Lakeland, FL
reply to HDOrlando

I'd love for Bright House to add Sky News... Its a great news channel... they cover Int. News as well.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Is there an American version available in SD or HD.

We should get word on the Michigan this afternoon or evening.

Since Bright House adds things to the main systems around the same time, it should give all of us an idea of what will be in our notice likely next Monday.

I'm predicting Military Channel HD in January for all of us. May that happen and more goodies come with it.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Michigan's notice via yimitz

There were no surprises on the month to month deals

Added: ShopNBC
Off: BBC America, Cooking Channel, DIY, Food Network, GAC and GSN.

No mention of Ovation TV being dropped but it's happening January 1.

1 new HD Channel

Jewelry TV HD (February 1)

It's likely everyone's notice and while it is not what anyone wanted and feel the above should have been added with the other shopping channels in late October (arrived a day or so early), at least we get it out of the way.

The stinger though: No Sundance HD, Military Channel HD or Chiller HD.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Orlando's Notice surprisingly came this morning.

It is exactly the same as The Michigan notice above.

We get Jewelry TV HD On channel 1328 February 1

I feel we should have gotten this channel when we got those other Shopping Channels in HD.

The good news is I doubt Bright House would only give us Jewelry TV HD in a quarter which means I feel Military Channel HD is still likely for the first quarter.

Not sure about Chiller HD and Military History HD although if available, they could come quickly but let me say this. Something must be up with Sundance HD. It's the only other channel on the TWC deals that is not month to month (Starz and TV Japan) and we have in SD.

I'm not sure what it is and I doubt it's the IFC and WE contract being up. Hopefully, we eventually get it.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Here is Indiana's notice that I pulled off of IndyStar.com. Following the pattern, it is similar to Orlando and Detroit's notices.

NOTICE TO BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORK CUSTOMERS This notice is to inform our Bright House Networks customers of upcoming changes to their cable programming lineup. From time to time our agreements with cable channels and television stations come up for renewal. While we do not anticipate any loss or disruption of service, regulations require us to notify you of the possibility of losing programming. Therefore, please be advised that our agreements with Current TV, E!, Encore, Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Family, Encore Family West, Encore Love, Encore Suspense, Encore West, Encore Westerns, GolTV, Hallmark, Hallmark Movie Channel, IFC, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network, Lifetime Real Women, MC (channels 925-970), NHL Center Ice, NHL Network, Shop NBC, Smithsonian, Starz, Starz Cinema, Starz Edge, Starz in Black, Starz Kids & Family, Style, WE and Youtoo remain in effect on a month-to-month basis, but we may have to cease carriage in all formats if our authority to continue is withheld. We are working diligently at this time to come to acceptable and fair terms with all of these channels. On or after February 1, 2013 , C-Span will move from channel 18 to channel 2. Bright House Networks utilizes a new digital video delivery technology known as Switched Digital Video (SDV). SDV is a robust bandwidth management system that makes it possible to offer more digital video programming services than before including new HD channels. To be able to offer more new video services, Bright House Networks will be moving some existing programming services to the new SDV system as well as adding new services on the SDV system. Effective February 1, 2013 the following channels will launch on the SDV system: Jewelry HD Digital Basic Channel 1269 These services will not be available on uni-directional retail devices as of the date(s) noted above. If you want to subscribe to these services, you will need a digital set-top box or tuning adaptor from Bright House Networks. Customers may continue to use their uni-directional retail device and CableCARD to receive video programming other than the programming delivered on the SDV system. Customers who also utilize a digital set-top box or tuning adaptor will be able to receive video programming delivered on the SDV system. Customers will be notified in advance of any other programming changes. For more information on Bright House Networks programming, please call 1-800-753-2253 or visit our website at www.brighthouse.com (S - 12/21/12 - 6022047) - 12/28

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

As expected, Ovation HD has been yanked.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Current TV is going to be dropped any minute as Time Warner Cable is doing it quickly after the channel was sold to Al-Jazera today.

DanG1974

join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL

Why? They just recently added beIN SPORT which is owned by them.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Time Warner Cable had been contemplating dropping Current and the sale allowed them to do it. It's possible beIN Sport could push for the channel's carriage when it's up for renewal in a few years.

They might not have been able to drop Current previously because of a ratings clause.

It is now gone from 156 on BHN's lineup.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

It's confirmed on the Chiller website.

The channel is indeed available in HD.

Hopefully, BHN can pick it up and getting the HD feed is not tied to new deals for E!, Style and Sprout.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Yimitz got the notice today from Michigan which did come a little early even for Michigan.

In short, it looks like all of us except The Panhandle will get Military Channel HD in March.

It also appears ShopNBC is off month to month agreements.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Just a reminder: All of us except The Panhandle are getting Jewelry TV HD likely on Friday.

It's a shopping channel but is more HD.

Military Channel HD is likely to be announced for other systems like it was in Michigan last week except for The Panhandle in the notice this week.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

The notices usually arrive the last day and never on a Monday or Tuesday unless it's the last day of the month.

However, Indianapolis and Orlando got theirs today.

INDIANAPOLIS

NOTICE TO BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORK CUSTOMERS This notice is to inform our Bright House Networks customers of upcoming changes to their cable programming lineup. From time to time our agreements with cable channels and television stations come up for renewal. While we do not anticipate any loss or disruption of service, regulations require us to notify you of the possibility of losing programming. Therefore, please be advised that our agreements with E!, Encore, Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Family, Encore Family West, Encore Love, Encore Suspense, Encore West, Encore Westerns, GolTV, IFC, Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network, Lifetime Real Women, MC (channels 925-970), NHL Center Ice, NHL Network, , Smithsonian, Starz, Starz Cinema, Starz Edge, Starz in Black, Starz Kids & Family, Style, WE and Youtoo remain in effect on a month-to-month basis, but we may have to cease carriage in all formats if our authority to continue is withheld. Additionally, our agreements with Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network and Lifetime Real Women expire on March 31, 2013 and we may have to cease carriage in all formats if our authority to continue is withheld. We are working diligently at this time to come to acceptable and fair terms with all of these channels. Effective March 1, 2013 , Family Choice is no longer available to new customers. Effective March 4, 2013 , customers who receive programming through a digital-ready television (with a QAM tuner) and do not have a digital set-top box will need to rescan their television set in order to continue viewing programming. For more information about rescanning, customers should refer to the TV’s original owner’s manual or brighthouse.com/rescan. For a complete channel lineup for Digital Ready TVs with a QAM tuner, visit www.brighthouse.com/channellineup Effective March 4, 2013 , adult programming choices currently beginning on channel 1750, will move to channel locations beginning on channel 750. Adult HD programming will remain in the 1700s, beginning on channel 1755. Bright House Networks utilizes a new digital video delivery technology known as Switched Digital Video (SDV). SDV is a robust bandwidth management system that makes it possible to offer more digital video programming services than before including new HD channels. To be able to offer more new video services, Bright House Networks will be moving some existing programming services to the new SDV system as well as adding new services on the SDV system. On or after March 1, 2013, the following channels will launch on the SDV system: Military Channel HDDigital Variety Channel 1159 EWTN Espanol HD Nuestros Canales Channel 1879 These services will not be available on uni-directional retail devices as of the date(s) noted above. If you want to subscribe to these services, you will need a digital set-top box or tuning adaptor from Bright House Networks. Customers may continue to use their uni-directional retail device and CableCARD to receive video programming other than the programming delivered on the SDV system. Customers who also utilize a digital set-top box or tuning adaptor will be able to receive video programming delivered on the SDV system. Customers will be notified in advance of any other programming changes. For more information on Bright House Networks programming, please call 1-800-753-2253 or visit our website at www.brighthouse.com (S - 1/29/13 - 6029866) - 01/29

HDOrlando

1 recommendation

reply to HDOrlando

Here is a summary of Orlando's notice.

On or after March 5...............................

Military Channel HD Channel 1244
EWTN Espanol HD Channel 1920

Military Channel HD was expected but EWTN Espanol HD was in Bakersfield's listed lineup a year or two ago. However, Feb1003 confirmed to me a year or two ago the channel was not in the lineup and was removed. It's possible there is EWTN Espanol HD but want to see it first.

In addition, we have another re-trans fight on the way..............

On March 1, the agreements with WFTV (ABC), WRDQ (Ind), Antenna TV and Severe Weather (This is now Mega TV) expire. Let the local chaos begin.

Lifetime, LMN and Lifetime Real Women expire March 31. They were in the Indiana month to months as well but also listed separately. Hopefully, March 31 is a drop dead so these do not stay on month to months too long.

As noted before, ShopNBC is off of the month to month deals.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Bakersfield and Michigan have Jewelry TV HD on their systems.

Nothing here in Orlando yet.

Anyone from Tampa Bay, Indiana or Birmingham have it on their system yet?

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Jewelry TV HD went up during the overnight hours on 1328 in Orlando.

Exactly, one month until we get Military Channel HD and EWTN Espanol HD.

djsteve

@bhn.net
reply to HDOrlando

Hi,

JTVHD showed up here in Orlando on 1328 as of 2/5.

Steve

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Notices will come next week but other than a name change for TV Guide Network, I am not expecting any new HD or see anything new off of the month to month agreements.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

All Notices will come tomorrow (Thursday).

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

The Indianapolis notice had nothing new except TV Guide Network being re-named TVGN on March 18 and the G$ to Esquire re-branding on April 22.

Orlando notice had the same including the WFTV expiration tomorrow although it has been quiet and...............

Were getting TV Japan HD (International Premium Channel) on channel 1991 on or after Tuesday March 5 which means next Tuesday. This is in addition to getting Military Channel HD and EWTN En Espanol HD the same date.

It is possible a deal was reached for TV Japan since were getting the HD channel as sometimes they take an extra month to get removed from the deals.

While most of us do not have TV Japan at all, at least we remove the channel from the possibilities list via Time Warner Cable but it also is scheduled for this current quarter not counting towards Q2.

Given how we now get about 3 HD channels per quarter, even with the carriage deals drying up, it increases the chances we all might get something we want next quarter.

nrholland94

@bhn.net
reply to HDOrlando

When will the Tampa Bay market get CNN International? Orlando market already has it. How come Tampa Bay doesn't have it as well?

HDOrlando

Not sure. They are trying to make a more unified lineup for all systems but more specifically the Orlando and Tampa Bay divisions.

You should ask Gary to put in a request for CNN International for you.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Indianapolis Legal Notice

Nothing really new in the Indiana notice

NOTICE TO BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORK CUSTOMERS This notice is to inform our Bright House Networks customers of upcoming changes to their cable programming lineup. From time to time our agreements with cable channels and television stations come up for renewal. While we do not anticipate any loss or disruption of service, regulations require us to notify you of the possibility of losing programming. Therefore, please be advised that our agreements with E!, Encore, Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Family, Encore Family West, Encore Love, Encore Suspense, Encore West, Encore Westerns, GolTV, IFC, MC (channels 925-970), NHL Center Ice, NHL Network, Smithsonian, Starz, Starz Cinema, Starz Edge, Starz in Black, Starz Kids & Family, Style, WE and Youtoo remain in effect on a month-to-month basis, but we may have to cease carriage in all formats if our authority to continue is withheld. Additionally, our agreements with Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network and Lifetime Real Women expire on March 31, 2013 and we may have to cease carriage in all formats if our authority to continue is withheld. We are working diligently at this time to come to acceptable and fair terms with all of these channels. Effective May 1, 2013 , the following channel will no longer be available in analog format but will continue to be available in digital format: Speed ChannelChannel 62 Customers who do not have a digital set-top box may contact Bright House Networks to obtain a digital set-top box or similar device to view this programming. Effective April 17, 2013 , the following channel will move its location in the channel line-up: HD Events From Channel 1787 TO Channel 1774 Effective June 1, 2013 , the Digital Access tier of video service will no longer be available. Customers who currently subscribe to Digital Access must contact Bright House Networks to change their service level prior to June 1st. Please contact Bright House Networks at 1-855-222-0102 for more information. For more information on Bright House Networks programming, please call 1-800-753-2253 or visit our website at www.brighthouse.com (S - 3/29/13 - 6048874) - 03/29

We could find something out on WFTV or maybe there is a local thing but this notice looks like it will be a wash. No sign of G4 (soon to be Esquire) and TVGN on the MTM's but it usually takes an extra month or two for them to appear on Bright House notices.

HDOrlando

1 edit
reply to HDOrlando

Orlando Notice

We have our Legal Notice and no new HD or Month to Month agreement changes including WFTV re-trans still not being settled.

Here are some changes though........

Effective May 1: Zap2it will move to analog channel 97 across Central Florida.

Effective May 1: The following channels will no longer be available in analog but will remain in digital format

Speed Channel 32
C-Span Channel 97
CMT Channel 71

We do have a slight change on the SD front

On May 1, Liquidation Channel 216 will no longer be available and will be replaced by Shop Zeal 8.

It sucks not to have new HD announced and even something off of the month to month deals but the possibility list is drying up.

A new Starz deal needs to get done for more Starz/Encore/Plex HD, IFC/WE could be holding up Sundance HD and E!/Style/Sprout could be holding up Chiller HD.

We know the first is true but if the later ones are, the pickings are very, very, slim.

So, unless they want to add a new service like RFD-TV, NUVO, Halogen or something like that, were probably looking at those pac 12 Regional Channels, possibly those delayed sports channels TWC was going to add in Kansas and Kentucky, New Spanish-Language channels or maybe Aspire HD and Pentagon Channel HD if they are available.

CNN International HD might be the best bet though if it's out.

Regardless, we need to see some deals get done as I really want my Chiller HD, would like Sundance HD off my list and more HD for my Movie Pass.

Let's get some deals done TWC.

I might start a new thread for the 2nd quarter next month.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:131
reply to HDOrlando

I like RFD-TV but I also grew up with it

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Some BHN systems have the SD version but only Bakersfield has it in HD.

I bet you push for it to be added like I do for things I want.

One edge you have is your on the inside.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:131

said by HDOrlando:

Some BHN systems have the SD version but only Bakersfield has it in HD.

I bet you push for it to be added like I do for things I want.

One edge you have is your on the inside.

I won't lie I have made it known it's a channel I like but it's truly a limited audience and unless you have some aggie in your blood you probably won't enjoy the programming. It makes sense to be in Bakersfield because of the audience there.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Hopefully, they will add it for you and we will get more goodies this year.