how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HDOrlando

join:2011-11-30
kudos:1
reply to HDOrlando

Re: Bright House HD Channel Anticipation Thread (Q1-2013)

All Notices will come tomorrow (Thursday).

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

The Indianapolis notice had nothing new except TV Guide Network being re-named TVGN on March 18 and the G$ to Esquire re-branding on April 22.

Orlando notice had the same including the WFTV expiration tomorrow although it has been quiet and...............

Were getting TV Japan HD (International Premium Channel) on channel 1991 on or after Tuesday March 5 which means next Tuesday. This is in addition to getting Military Channel HD and EWTN En Espanol HD the same date.

It is possible a deal was reached for TV Japan since were getting the HD channel as sometimes they take an extra month to get removed from the deals.

While most of us do not have TV Japan at all, at least we remove the channel from the possibilities list via Time Warner Cable but it also is scheduled for this current quarter not counting towards Q2.

Given how we now get about 3 HD channels per quarter, even with the carriage deals drying up, it increases the chances we all might get something we want next quarter.

nrholland94

@bhn.net
reply to HDOrlando

When will the Tampa Bay market get CNN International? Orlando market already has it. How come Tampa Bay doesn't have it as well?

HDOrlando

Not sure. They are trying to make a more unified lineup for all systems but more specifically the Orlando and Tampa Bay divisions.

You should ask Gary to put in a request for CNN International for you.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Indianapolis Legal Notice

Nothing really new in the Indiana notice

NOTICE TO BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORK CUSTOMERS This notice is to inform our Bright House Networks customers of upcoming changes to their cable programming lineup. From time to time our agreements with cable channels and television stations come up for renewal. While we do not anticipate any loss or disruption of service, regulations require us to notify you of the possibility of losing programming. Therefore, please be advised that our agreements with E!, Encore, Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Family, Encore Family West, Encore Love, Encore Suspense, Encore West, Encore Westerns, GolTV, IFC, MC (channels 925-970), NHL Center Ice, NHL Network, Smithsonian, Starz, Starz Cinema, Starz Edge, Starz in Black, Starz Kids & Family, Style, WE and Youtoo remain in effect on a month-to-month basis, but we may have to cease carriage in all formats if our authority to continue is withheld. Additionally, our agreements with Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network and Lifetime Real Women expire on March 31, 2013 and we may have to cease carriage in all formats if our authority to continue is withheld. We are working diligently at this time to come to acceptable and fair terms with all of these channels. Effective May 1, 2013 , the following channel will no longer be available in analog format but will continue to be available in digital format: Speed ChannelChannel 62 Customers who do not have a digital set-top box may contact Bright House Networks to obtain a digital set-top box or similar device to view this programming. Effective April 17, 2013 , the following channel will move its location in the channel line-up: HD Events From Channel 1787 TO Channel 1774 Effective June 1, 2013 , the Digital Access tier of video service will no longer be available. Customers who currently subscribe to Digital Access must contact Bright House Networks to change their service level prior to June 1st. Please contact Bright House Networks at 1-855-222-0102 for more information. For more information on Bright House Networks programming, please call 1-800-753-2253 or visit our website at www.brighthouse.com (S - 3/29/13 - 6048874) - 03/29

We could find something out on WFTV or maybe there is a local thing but this notice looks like it will be a wash. No sign of G4 (soon to be Esquire) and TVGN on the MTM's but it usually takes an extra month or two for them to appear on Bright House notices.

HDOrlando

1 edit
reply to HDOrlando

Orlando Notice

We have our Legal Notice and no new HD or Month to Month agreement changes including WFTV re-trans still not being settled.

Here are some changes though........

Effective May 1: Zap2it will move to analog channel 97 across Central Florida.

Effective May 1: The following channels will no longer be available in analog but will remain in digital format

Speed Channel 32
C-Span Channel 97
CMT Channel 71

We do have a slight change on the SD front

On May 1, Liquidation Channel 216 will no longer be available and will be replaced by Shop Zeal 8.

It sucks not to have new HD announced and even something off of the month to month deals but the possibility list is drying up.

A new Starz deal needs to get done for more Starz/Encore/Plex HD, IFC/WE could be holding up Sundance HD and E!/Style/Sprout could be holding up Chiller HD.

We know the first is true but if the later ones are, the pickings are very, very, slim.

So, unless they want to add a new service like RFD-TV, NUVO, Halogen or something like that, were probably looking at those pac 12 Regional Channels, possibly those delayed sports channels TWC was going to add in Kansas and Kentucky, New Spanish-Language channels or maybe Aspire HD and Pentagon Channel HD if they are available.

CNN International HD might be the best bet though if it's out.

Regardless, we need to see some deals get done as I really want my Chiller HD, would like Sundance HD off my list and more HD for my Movie Pass.

Let's get some deals done TWC.

I might start a new thread for the 2nd quarter next month.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:141
reply to HDOrlando

I like RFD-TV but I also grew up with it

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Some BHN systems have the SD version but only Bakersfield has it in HD.

I bet you push for it to be added like I do for things I want.

One edge you have is your on the inside.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by HDOrlando:

Some BHN systems have the SD version but only Bakersfield has it in HD.

I bet you push for it to be added like I do for things I want.

One edge you have is your on the inside.

I won't lie I have made it known it's a channel I like but it's truly a limited audience and unless you have some aggie in your blood you probably won't enjoy the programming. It makes sense to be in Bakersfield because of the audience there.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Hopefully, they will add it for you and we will get more goodies this year.

Can uck

join:2013-04-06
Altamonte Springs, FL
reply to HDOrlando

Hi HD...is this info true that the Speed Channel (32) is being dropped from the basic/analog lineup. I live in Seminole County 32714. I've not seen this notice before.

If so, I'll be major

Nayan

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL

Yeah and it sucks . My son watches the Camping World Series and he's quite bummed about it.

Can uck

join:2013-04-06
Altamonte Springs, FL

Hey Nayan...did you see it the notice in the paper or with your bill? I happed to stumble across this site and read about it now.

Nayan

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL

It was in the monthly legal notice they publish in the Orlando Sentinel and Florida Today.

Lpvancini

join:2012-12-02
reply to HDOrlando

I have heard that Brighthouse in Central Florida is shaving more analog channels, except local channels off, before the end of the year forcing all of us to use more digital boxes $$$$$$$. Base on all the problems we have had in our subdivision of signal quality. I will be dumping them. I have already been pushing our City Council to end the monopoly they have in our area..

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Lpvancini:

I have heard that Brighthouse in Central Florida is shaving more analog channels, except local channels off, before the end of the year forcing all of us to use more digital boxes $$$$$$$. Base on all the problems we have had in our subdivision of signal quality. I will be dumping them. I have already been pushing our City Council to end the monopoly they have in our area..

There is no monoply in your area. Virtually all of Florida with the exception of small pockets in the Panhandle are served by several providers.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Lpvancini

join:2012-12-02

That's odd then as I see only Brighthouse RF post connections in my backyard. Then the info I received from City Hall is wrong too.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Lpvancini:

That's odd then as I see only Brighthouse RF post connections in my backyard. Then the info I received from City Hall is wrong too.

Yes it is...
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to HDOrlando

And had you taken the time to do some research on these devices you would have discovered that with said DTA's comes better video and audio and a streamlined interface that most people think is pretty darn good. On top of that we've made special arrangements for those people in CFL that is pretty hard to turn down. So instead of looking for nothing but the negative why don't you give customer care a call and find out the real deal and it is a deal or if you prefer I can have someone call you.
--

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

I have been so busy I forgot about this thread.

Were all getting more HD goodies on June 10

BYU TV HD
FamilyNet HD
Pentagon Channel HD
BlueHighways TV HD

Our next notice comes Thursday or Friday.

allowiches

join:2012-04-01
Palm Coast, FL

1 edit

Edited: Sorry - wrong thread.

HDOrlando

reply to HDOrlando

Great News!

The Starz/Encore/Plex deal is done.

Expect HD goodies from them in our June notice.

CapeFish

join:2007-01-16
Wimauma, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·Verizon FiOS
·Comcast
reply to BHNtechXpert

said by BHNtechXpert:

And had you taken the time to do some research on these devices you would have discovered that with said DTA's comes better video and audio and a streamlined interface that most people think is pretty darn good. On top of that we've made special arrangements for those people in CFL that is pretty hard to turn down. So instead of looking for nothing but the negative why don't you give customer care a call and find out the real deal and it is a deal or if you prefer I can have someone call you.

Will a DTA be needed even with a TV that has a QAM tuner?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to HDOrlando

yes

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by BHNtechXpert:

yes

full analog reclaim? or just a partial reclaim of the expanded basic channels? If only the expanded basic channels then QAM tuners will still pickup channels as the FCC rules are only 100% digital systems can encrypt all channels including limited basic.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by motorola870:

said by BHNtechXpert:

yes

full analog reclaim? or just a partial reclaim of the expanded basic channels? If only the expanded basic channels then QAM tuners will still pickup channels as the FCC rules are only 100% digital systems can encrypt all channels including limited basic.

I'm fully aware of the guidelines and we're fine.
--

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by motorola870:

said by BHNtechXpert:

yes

I'm fully aware of the guidelines and we're fine.

is this a full analog reclaim?

I know that TWC in my area has been chipping at the analogs this and has removed 4 analogs so far and 5th is planned (Speed) and they have given out the HD digital adapters in my area just wondering what is this about rumors that Central Florida BHN is going all digital?

gatorburg

join:2013-01-17

What is a HD digital adapter? I have 3 LCD tvs and I have lost a few channels. I have only one cable box on the tv in the living room.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by gatorburg:

What is a HD digital adapter? I have 3 LCD tvs and I have lost a few channels. I have only one cable box on the tv in the living room.

Contact your local office for adding DTA's to those other TV's.
--

gatorburg

join:2013-01-17

said by BHNtechXpert:

Contact your local office for adding DTA's to those other TV's.

Is a DTA another cable box? What does a bright house DTA even look like? Does a DTA cost extra?