uniqs
share rss forum feed

RandalIT
FTTB

join:2012-07-26
Calgary, AB

New speeds in Telus land

Hi

Telus has launched faster speeds 50/10 and is now offering Optik 50 and High Speed Turbo 50. I know there is always a delay before other providers will get access to the new speeds but is there any idea when this might be?

spectrum

join:2011-01-14
I'd actually be interested in this as well.

I had to leave Teksavvy because I needed more speed - if they provided this tier, and I could setup MLPPP I'd seriously consider switching back.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
said by spectrum:

I had to leave Teksavvy because I needed more speed - if they provided this tier, and I could setup MLPPP I'd seriously consider switching back.

Not very clear why you mentioned MLPPP. Are you saying you want a 100Mbps connection?

spectrum

while 100 down would be nice, I'm looking more for a >10mbit upload.

RandalIT
FTTB

Calgary, AB
reply to RandalIT
Is there any offical answer to this?

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6

1 edit
reply to RandalIT
I just spoke with an escalations agent who confirmed with me as long as your area qualifies we can provide the new packages as well.

**EDITED**: After trying to qualify an address, I was not able to see the 50 meg option, went back to escalations, we are not able to qualify addresses as of yet, but it is in the works, and will be able to provide it shortly, however no ETA. My apologies for the error.

RandalIT
FTTB

Calgary, AB
Hi Elizabeth

I have posted over in the direct form with my info.

Thanks

kan

join:2009-07-29
Calgary, AB
reply to TSILiz
I hope your going to give an update when this is possible.

Thanks.

clarknova

join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB
kudos:7
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to 34764170
said by 34764170:

Not very clear why you mentioned MLPPP. Are you saying you want a 100Mbps connection?

I want 1000Mbps, but I would settle for 400 for now.
--
db

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to RandalIT
said by kan:

I hope your going to give an update when this is possible.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Still waiting on a response to this matter of when we can start qualifying addresses.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to kan
Nothing at all has been discussed at this time about offering the 50Meg tier.

No tariffs, no price plan, nor dates have been brought up. I was also told that it's not that we don't want to offer it, it's that we haven't brought up the subject to discussion. Other things are being worked on for the time being.

Although I can say that when qualifying the 50M is part of the dropdown box to verify availability. But, even if you did qualify, nothing is yet offered.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin

spectrum

As optimistic as I'd like to be, given that TekSavvy hasn't bothered to provide higher speed tiers on cable, despite the availability from Shaw, this doesn't inspire much confidence on anything on the DSL front either.