nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4

2 edits
reply to Venom1

Re: [PvP] Lack of Respect

Rogue had been my main since BC, he's sitting at level 85 currently.

It's not just terrible Rogue damage.

Having to decide between Shadowstep and Prep is absolutely stupid.

Hunters have Readiness untalented. (My current main)
Mages have an easy decision for Cold Snap (and obviously still have blink)
Shamans have an easy decision for Call of the Elements

^ Fix Rogue Blizzard.

Edit: More Rogue Rage:

Hunters get GLYPH to remove dots so scatter doesn't break.

Rogues have to use their level 75 TALENT to keep blind/gouge from breaking from your own bleeds/poisons (doesn't even help if other teammates have dotted the target like the Huntard glyph does).

^ Dumb.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
We could talk about the level 90 Mage talents for PvP...but it's safe to say that the positive options far out weigh this one negative.

I mean, you've gotta take Incanter's Ward, there really isn't another choice. It's a shit absorb that's on a 25 second cooldown and only lasts for eight seconds...and you don't even receive a real benefit from it unless it's broken by damage. I'm not positive, but surely it can be dispelled, right?

I know your rebuttle will be something about Cold Snap, Ice Block, Spell Steal, and Glyph of Counterspell...amongst other things that I'm sure I'm leaving out. And, honestly, Mages are and always have been a more than formidable class for PvP.

It's just stupid that the only REAL option for our max level talent is lackluster at best.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4

1 edit
Invocation? 25% increased damage for 40 seconds?

Force trinket and players literally die in a deep freeze, sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Mages are getting nerfs, Rogues SHOULD be getting buffs. I don't think there's any room for QQ as a Mage right now...

Inb4"evocation" - Strong cooldowns require setup, intended.

said by McBrain:

and you don't even receive a real benefit from it unless it's broken by damage.

It's pretty easy to force it to be broken by damage (speaking from Arena, not lolbgs).

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to McBrain
all three top teams in the championship had a mage and a shaman, i sense a pattern here

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

Hunters have Readiness untalented. (My current main)

Hunters get GLYPH to remove dots so scatter doesn't break.

i went hunter this xpac as well. my old main was armswar and eventhough its fotm, i feel the nerf bat winding up soon.
Readiness/BM is just too good right now imo.
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

Invocation? 25% increased damage for 40 seconds?

I've not PvP'ed on my Mage at all, but it seems like it'd be pretty damn hard to get a ~5 second channel of Evocation off in most situations...Sure it's possible, but I'd go out on a limb and say that it's not reliable. I'd have to assume that the uptime of the buff would be horrible in most cases, meaning that the static 6% you get from Incanter's Ward would be a better option.

I agree with you that Mages have a ton of tools at their disposal to succeed at PvP, I was just pointing out that the level 90 talents aren't amongst them.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.