Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
reply to Anav

Re: Black Friday Upon Us

NCIX unreachable.....server must be getting slammed!

FaxCap

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
Figures. Either they post the sale late, or the server goes down.

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON
reply to Anav
Newegg insist on sending you to the American pages, which do not load

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to Anav
Same thing with BestBuy.ca

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.1d2bf648.1353636880.e2968af

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
reply to Anav
A few good deals on NCIX's web page:

»www.ncix.com/promo/promosale.php···line2012

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Anav
Damm the 3TB's at $89.99 at NCIX are all gone...oh well

BUT, and it's a big but, the in store sale still has hundreds! Glad I'm headed to Markham this weekend

»www.ncix.com/promo/promosale.php···2InStore IN STORE SALE

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to Anav
Bought a 32" Emerson flat screen TV for the cottage at Walmart for $178. No crowds and lots of stock, although the salesperson said there was a lineup for the 7:00 AM opening.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
said by DKS:

Bought a 32" Emerson flat screen TV for the cottage at Walmart for $178. No crowds and lots of stock, although the salesperson said there was a lineup for the 7:00 AM opening.

Give it a couple years and Black Friday will be a huge shopping day.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON
reply to creed3020
said by creed3020:

BUT, and it's a big but, the in store sale still has hundreds! Glad I'm headed to Markham this weekend

Your link shows 10 in Markham. I'm in line so I guess I'll know soon.
--
"Moving your Tylenol to the low shelf in your medicine cabinet is not the way to prevent children from falling off a stool when reaching for the top shelf." (said by Savant, May 2008)

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to loosedobbs
said by loosedobbs:

Same thing with BestBuy.ca

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.1d2bf648.1353636880.e2968af

»www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/home.aspx

That gets you through...

Alternatively, go to bestbuy.com, select English-Canada
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
said by J E F F:

»www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/home.aspx

That gets you through...

Alternatively, go to bestbuy.com, select English-Canada

So far neither of those links gets me through. .com is fine but .ca
gives me a Server Busy page every time.

FaxCap

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
My wife saw about 30 people lined up outside the beer store on Danforth near Victoria park before 9am... I wonder what kind of sales they are having
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
reply to Anav
The border lineups coming BACK into Canada was brutal an hour ago
at both the Peace Arch and Pacific crossings.

FaxCap

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
said by FaxCap:

The border lineups coming BACK into Canada was brutal an hour ago
at both the Peace Arch and Pacific crossings.

FaxCap

According to this: »www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/bwt-taf/menu-eng.html There are no waits.

EDIT: those are the only delays.

--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

FaxCap

Surrey, BC
reply to Anav
That's why I said an hour ago. At the Peace Arch they opened every
booth and the line disappeared within 30 minutes.

FaxCap

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Anav
I'll probably just pick up a wireless router for the Otakuthon office; the WRT54GL that we're using really isn't cutting the mustard.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON
reply to Styvas
said by Styvas:

said by creed3020:

Your link shows 10 in Markham. I'm in line so I guess I'll know soon.

None left. Sorry!
--
"Moving your Tylenol to the low shelf in your medicine cabinet is not the way to prevent children from falling off a stool when reaching for the top shelf." (said by Savant, May 2008)

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to Anav
No deals on camcorders Ive been looking at.
The panasonic X900M can be had for $999 (in store at Best Buy but I would rather buy it at Henrys since they will match that price (in fact they were selling it for that price last week or so).

Now the interesting deal to be had (although I badly wanted the Sony Pj710), is the Panasonic X900M at B&H Photo.
Price - $668 !!!!

Ground Shipping 12.70 Purolator
B&H handles all fees, taxes duties etc...

Details of Duty Charges
HST:$100.20
Brokerage:$1.56
Disbursement:$3.01
Security & Handling:$2.75

Total:$107.52

So my cost will be...........
$788.

Pretty spicy attractive, Compared to costs locally.
Now since its USA warranty I would get the squared trade insurance including drop and spills for $100.

My price now $888, Still phenominal.
Sorely sorely tempted.
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Anav
That thing has a rather tiny set of sensors compared to a comparably priced DSLR. Unless you're really shooting for compactness, you'd probably get much better video quality out of a T3i for $769.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8

1 edit
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

They're fantastic devices when they run 2.1, it's just that RIM dropped the ball so badly when the thing was initially released that no one bothered with the device and it's now relegated to a Canadian-only has-been. The multitasking on these things is phenomenal and blows iOS and Android out of the water, and the apps that do exist are very well done.

The guys at the shop have already fallen in love with them even though they've only had them for a day or so. They don't need games or crazy apps or anything of the sort. They just need the ability to view/edit documents, access their email, schedule and contacts and to browse the web. In that regard, the Playbook is the best bang for the buck you'll find.

The new Playbook came with OS 2.1 out of the box, so no wireless connectivity issues and setup was a breeze. The manufacture date was less than two months ago, so they must be going through inventory at an impressive rate. I think you're right that the pre-2.0 OS hampered its introduction and there's so much competition now that it has no chance, but I think it's going to go down in history as the Betamax of its time -- a superior product that was unfairly ignored. It's incredible that anyone would pay more for an Amazon Kindle!

EDIT: I obviously meant Kindle Fire. Although at $119 the Playbook actually costs no more than many ebook readers.
--
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
Very true. OS 2.1 is great. All I have been hearing over and over today is how two guys in their mid-50s absolutely love these things and just how awesome it's going to be for them to have those things when they go out to job sites and to do estimates.

I'm considering getting some capacitive styluses for them, that way they can even draw stuff and do notes. My hope is that one day I won't have a pile of paper on my desk every day

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
said by Gone:

My hope is that one day I won't have a pile of paper on my desk every day

Good luck on that. I file (electronically) and scan items, but I still keep paper files for those who either don't have access, or still prefer those pieces of paper.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
Electronic files can be printed on an as-needed basis. Every little bit helps I guess.

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

I'm considering getting some capacitive styluses for them, that way they can even draw stuff and do notes.

This stylus looks appealing.

»pengocreative.com/products/pengo···-screens

Anav
Premium
Dartmouth, NS
reply to Anav
Hmm, couldnt resist the ocz vertex 3 120gb for $49.99.
What the hey, I will throw them in some older desktops.

Tomorrow, which is already here LOL, will look at picking up a couple of xmas gifts........ thinking the olympus TG820 tough camera. Man kickin myself for missing the TG610 for $99.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
reply to Anav
For the toolhounds, crapytire has a nice 24" breaker bar on sale for around 10 bucks (reg ~$41). Will take upwards of 400ft-lbs which should be enough to remove wheel nuts. PN is 58-9982-2, today is the last day of the sale.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
said by Thane_Bitter:

Will take upwards of 400ft-lbs which should be enough to remove wheel nuts. PN is 58-9982-2, today is the last day of the sale.

who the eff is tightening their wheel nuts to 400 ft/lbs...i think most cars are only spec'd at 80, maybe 120?...400 sounds like an 18 wheeler or a bus.

Anav
Premium
Dartmouth, NS
reply to Anav
Hmm the $34.99 price for the extreme sandisk 45mBs 32Mb card SDHC seems particularly good (at Futureshop online)

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
reply to dirtyjeffer
On? no, but you will need that much, even more to get them off if the service tech drove them on with an impact wrench.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
said by Thane_Bitter:

On? no, but you will need that much, even more to get them off if the service tech drove them on with an impact wrench.

not me, i don't take my car to Canadian Tire ...the guys at Costco who switch my tires use an impact wrench to get the wheels off, and use it to spin the nuts mostly back on...then they finish it off with the torque wrench.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell