Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Anav

Re: Black Friday Upon Us

The advantage is to be able to get all of your parts in a single order from a single vendor and still get the best price. Or perhaps you need to ship with a certain company (for me, DHL is impossible because they never deliver and have no pickup locations, purolator is difficult because their closest pickup location is inconveniently far, Canada Post is OK but I still have to walk for ~30 minutes round trip, and UPS is ideal because the pickup location is very close to work).

If a company ships only DHL, as some do, and I can price match with NCIX and have them ship by UPS, it's a big value for me. Also, NCIX has rewards points, so there's that.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to Anav

said by Anav:

Yeah but everywhere else its at least 10% of the difference except ME which is 25% of the difference.

Then do not buy from them! Damn that logic!

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to Anav

Yeah but everywhere else its at least 10% of the difference except ME which is 25% of the difference.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to Anav

said by Anav:

What is the point of NCIX price matching, they dont beat the price???

Customer loyalty plans, maybe cheaper shipping, multiple item purchases where some of them are cheaper at NCIX.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to Anav

said by Anav:

Match means to equal.

Anav
Premium
Dartmouth, NS
reply to Anav

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to PX Eliezer7

said by PX Eliezer7:

I'm confused, what does Black Friday have to do with Canada?

Your Thanksgiving was done already....

Your Holiday, your sales, our cross-boarder shopping savings!

Dollar per dollar items still cost more up here, Canadian retail is the great white North rippoff.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
reply to donoreo

said by donoreo:

said by PX Eliezer7:

Everyone here does sales to keep people from crossing the border.

And it doesn't really work. :P

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to PX Eliezer7

said by PX Eliezer7:

Everyone here does sales to keep people from crossing the border.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
reply to Anav

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Anav

I'll start:

These places are advertising as BlackFriday

Staples:

MacBook Pro $999 ($200 off) -- use for price-match at other B&M incl. Apple Store if you have one.

Kobo Mini $49.12 ($30 off)

Epson Wireless 4-1 Inkjet $49.66 ($80 off) If you already own this Epson, buy it for the ink, a savings of about $40 of new cartridges

X-Box 360 with Kinect $199 ($100 off)

Kingston 8GB USB $3.92 ($9 off) Stock up

MS Office 2010 $88 ($70 off) good for 3 PC's.

BB Playbook 32GB $118.99

SportChek

40% off all NHL Jerseys

Rona

They have various sales Friday-Sunday, 15-50%

Lowes

Various discounts on tools and snowblowers. Starts November 22 until next Tuesday.

The Home Depot

Much like the other two, some good discounts, stock up on their WW Fluid, $1.47 for 3.78L (limit of 4)

XS Cargo

Various electronics. YMMV
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
reply to Anav

I would like this kept at the top.

Anyway for you to change title to "Black Friday deals in Canada" ?
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to Anav

for anyone interested in retro gaming stuff, stone age gamer is 25% off on black friday, and 15% on monday.

digitalfutur
Sees More Than Shown
Premium
join:2000-07-15
BurlingtonON
kudos:2
reply to Anav

Click or tap until your hand stays claw-clamped.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to milnoc

said by milnoc:

The only item of (modest) value I've found on Newegg is a 60 GB Intel 330 SSD for $70. That's $60 + $10 shipping on newegg.ca, and $70 + free shipping on newegg.com. Essentially, the same price on both sites.

I would have preferred $49 shipping included. SSD prices are overdue to drop.

That's a terrible price. I've seen the $/GB on Intel 330 drives drop as low as $0.50/GB, so the price you're seeing of $1.17/GB is bad.

Newegg is selling the 180GB model for $0.82/GB, for example, and that's more or less the normal price.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to zod5000

said by zod5000:

We don't get Black Friday in Canada. Our retailers use it in their advertising, but it's just another weekly sale for them.

It shouldn't really surprise anyone. Boxing Day (which is the closest thing we have to Black Friday) has gone downhill over the past 15 years. They can barely muster up decent sales for boxing day, they sure aren't going to do it for Black Friday.

that is because they keep having more and more discounts before Christmas, so Boxing Day does not seem special.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Anav

We don't get Black Friday in Canada. Our retailers use it in their advertising, but it's just another weekly sale for them.

It shouldn't really surprise anyone. Boxing Day (which is the closest thing we have to Black Friday) has gone downhill over the past 15 years. They can barely muster up decent sales for boxing day, they sure aren't going to do it for Black Friday.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Anav

What do you think black friday/boxing day are about? It's about unloading the crap that doesnt sell.

Amazon in the us us selling 2nd tier tbs like RCA/Westinghouse and other no name brands cheaply .

If there is a deal it's because they got a warehouse full and nobody is buying
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Anav

The Intel 330 180GB was just a NewEgg.ca shell shocker a few weeks back. I got one for $109.99 with $6.99 shipping.

I'm looking for some heavily discounted Llano APUs for a couple of HTPC builds I am doing. Supposedly AMD had way too many in channel, but I haven't seen any really good sales so I wait. If Trinity APUs are priced better I'll go that route instead.

Anav
Premium
Dartmouth, NS
reply to milnoc

Im waiting for a sale on the intel 180gig or the OCZ vertex 4 256gb.
Sony pj710 camcorder, and a 750gib(Ish) 2.5drive (xt momentus preferred) as well.

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
reply to Anav

The only item of (modest) value I've found on Newegg is a 60 GB Intel 330 SSD for $70. That's $60 + $10 shipping on newegg.ca, and $70 + free shipping on newegg.com. Essentially, the same price on both sites.

I would have preferred $49 shipping included. SSD prices are overdue to drop.
--
Watch my future television channel's public test broadcast!
»thecanadianpublic.com/live

Anav
Premium
Dartmouth, NS
reply to Anav

Well whatever they sent in the mail today, perhaps it was already pre-released LOL.

Robrr

join:2008-04-19
Guelph, ON
reply to Anav

The actual Black Friday flyer or the "Early Black Friday" flyer

Friend and I were looking over the "Early Black Friday" flyer this past Friday and were like WTF until we realized it was the early flyer and not the actual Black Friday sales.

Anav
Premium
Dartmouth, NS

It has started, got my Tiger Direct flyer and saw nothing that jumped out at me. In fact it was a blatant attempt for them to get rid of old stock junk as per usual.

I noted amazon.ca is also off the block. They have a 64 gb class down microcard class 10 for $46 that looked interesting.
SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter
I have seen recent deals on the full size card (lots at 45Mpgs for $69 few and far between though at the real speed of 90Mbps) but not in this form factor. Good or not?
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment