Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cowcowcow

join:2003-07-23
Montreal, QC
reply to neilio

Re: Google Voice may be near launch in Canada

No go for me, been trying since yesterday (18/11). It appears to be verified intermittently. Would be nice though. Seems like GV has the best VM system of all, and I would love to replace Anveo's restrictive and primitive VM with GV VM.

neilio

join:2000-08-17
Toronto
It's possible to use Google Voice for your Anveo voice mail -- you'll need to create a call flow that forwards any unanswered calls to GV, and then set GV to "do not disturb".

All calls then routed to GV automatically go to voicemail.

Happy to help if you've problems setting this up - PM me.

cowcowcow

Montreal, QC
said by neilio:

It's possible to use Google Voice for your Anveo voice mail -- you'll need to create a call flow that forwards any unanswered calls to GV, and then set GV to "do not disturb".

All calls then routed to GV automatically go to voicemail.

Happy to help if you've problems setting this up - PM me.

Thanks Neilio, being a cheapskate, I tried forwarding via SIP-URI (free), which was working if dial directly but not in a callflow. Right now I SIP-URL forward to voip.ms, but will consider forwarding to GV and pay the 1 or 2 extra cents per msg. Would be nice to have my cellphone doing that do, as cheaply, as possible.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to cowcowcow
said by cowcowcow:

Anveo's restrictive and primitive VM

I don't use Anveo, so I am curious: What is bad about their VM? They have so many configuration options, so I was surprised to hear that....

cowcowcow

Montreal, QC
said by PX Eliezer7:

said by cowcowcow:

Anveo's restrictive and primitive VM

I don't use Anveo, so I am curious: What is bad about their VM? They have so many configuration options, so I was surprised to hear that....

Like most of the feature implementations at Anveo, it is half baked and gratuitiously restrictive. You can't skip the useless date and time announcement preceding all messages, nor disable it. Menu is non standard, and I could never skip/FF/delete a playing message half way through. Etc etc.

Simple fix really, but...