Sunnyvale, CA
reply to IanR

Re: Walmart $30 Plan - Taxes/Fees/Overages

10 cents/min

Minutes rounded up at end of call.

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC

Wow that's pretty reasonable rate IMHO as their prepaid service is at 10 Cents if you buy $100.00 worth of time.
I could not find this rate stated anywhere on TMobile's website.

I have had the wife on a T-Mobile prepaid acct for several years and she never used $10.00 of time per month... Now our daugter has realised Mom has text feature on her phone and suddenly the wife is consuming $25.00 + per month between voice and texts and that's with data blocked from her phone.
So this means I could switch her to the $30.00 pm plan and give her 5GB of data as well. Sounds like a plan made for her:)

Hagar

join:2004-10-31
Sunnyvale, CA
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·AT&T U-Verse

I tried to find the extra minute cost but failed, they have changed their web sites.
This is for new subscribers, so you will have difficulty changing/switching her existing account.

There are ways to keep your number but they all require some effort and cost.

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC

I suppose I could open up a "new" acct for the $30pm service and meantime the prepaid number will automatically run down thru usage and remaining minutes last 360 days. So I just hold onto the few remaining minutes for visitors... Might be able to ask TMobile then to switch over the 2 numbers so I keep both accts.

Hagar

join:2004-10-31
Sunnyvale, CA
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·AT&T U-Verse

Some people have managed to switch the numbers, like you described, other ran in to issues. I think it depends on which CR you get.

I am of the opinion that you should never use/publish an email tied to you ISP or use/publish the phone number tied to your provider.

I therefor use google voice as my main number and do not care about the number t-mobile assign me.