share rss forum feed
« hmmConspiracy? »
This is a sub-selection from baloney

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY
reply to Mojo 77

Re: baloney

Not in prepaid which would be analogous to CLECs....

Prepaid has added over 15 million subs in the last year. In the US that is now over 100 million, which puts them in the league of AT&T or Verizon. Granted its many companies, but the top three have most of them. In fact American Movil is about the size of Tmobile in subs now, and yes I know they run on their networks...

My point is that there is a mid-market need and this is where the growth is happening. Back in the day you were a scrub if you had prepaid (I guess that means me because I have had prepaid for 5 years), but now with say the Nexus 4 that is planted squarely in the prepaid market.

30 minutes to sell out should say something about the scrubs....

As a point of disclosure, I use Verizon for my phone (corporate) and the bill with myfi is like $250 a month (5GB on each device and Canada Plan). The other phone is TMO straighttalk which is $45 a month. My third phone is PPC (burner phone), $70 for the year. My verizon phone is iphone 4s which I really hate, because the screen is small, ios in general does not play well with exchange, and I am stuck on slow 3g. And I'm only 7 months into a 2 year contract. Hence why I hate contracts...I'm stuck with this marginal device for another 17 months.