Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

davoice

join:2000-08-12
Saxapahaw, NC

1 recommendation

reply to Alex J

Re: Ugh The Whining

Verizon does offer wholesale access to FiOS on an unregulated "competitive basis". I have clients on connections using it. Problem is Verizon charges a butt load to the CLEC for the cross connect (i.e. more than a residential customer pays for their whole FiOS bill!). There's also a new group inside Verizon that's working just on FiOS wholesale. So hopefully things will get better quickly as CLECs in NY want to sell it (or have to sell it to keep their customer).

anonanon

@cloud9.net
said by davoice:

Verizon does offer wholesale access to FiOS on an unregulated "competitive basis". I have clients on connections using it.

This was discontinued around 2007 and isn't coming back. There are rumors of Verizon Business offering enterprise metro Ethernet over the FIOS plant (not using FIOS electronics, just the cables) but no concrete plans. And that is just for Ethernet, not T1, DSL, or anything like what CLECs generally do with copper now.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
The Ethernet Wholesale was added to the Wholesale Group at the end of last week. But it's not ready to go yet.

And that is true, CLECs are not given access to FiOS nor are other ISPs.