how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DabberDan

join:2004-11-15
Canada

Guilty!

As of a customer's third and fourth violations, they'll be greeted with a splash screen forcing them to acknowledge the accusation that they've traded a copyrighted file, and unless they click through -- they can't access the Internet.
This isn't a splash screen. It's an "I'm guilty even though I have no idea what the file is or who on my network sent it".

Jason Levine
Premium
join:2001-07-13
USA

I was wondering what the wording of the notice would be. Will it be "I have received this notification of an accusation" or will it be "I agree that I have violated copyright and promise not to do it again"? If it's the latter, do they provide contact information to protest and get your Internet access back without "admitting" to the false positive?

If there isn't an easy appeal process then the system could be abused and anyone can make any accusation and push people to the five level. If a forum administrator were to get upset with someone, they could log their IP address and make repeated false copyright violation claims against the user to get them suspended.
--
-Jason Levine