uniqs
share rss forum feed

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11

Showtime / HBO in NYC

I've had FiOS for nearly 2 years now in NYC. When I first signed up for ExtremeHD, it included Showtime for free. When I upgraded to 75/35, I had to rebundle a new TV package and lost Showtime. At some point over the last few months, Verizon added HBO to my account (it shows up as "Complementary until 12-31-12" on my bill).

I've seen some comments every so often here about how TV packages in NYC include Sho/HBO. Checking the channel lineup on the Verizon website seems to confirm that - HBO and Showtime are listed as "Included with TV Bundle" for Extreme HD. But only HBO works on my TiVos. Showtime is just a black screen. Showtime Anywhere works for my account, so it seems I should have access to it though.

I tried the Verizon online chat last night but it was absolutely useless. Had to wait 5 minutes in between responses from the agent and all he did was "reload the cablecard package", have me restart the TiVo twice and then he restarted my ONT without telling me which kicked everything offline and I lost connection to the chat.

Just wondering if I'm correct that my bundle should include Showtime before spending time on the phone.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

just lou

join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY

When I had Extreme, it did not include HBO, Showtime, or any premium movie channel. When I switched to Ultimate, it included all of them.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to Thinkdiff

Extreme here (VA Beach) includes no premiums.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
Bronx, NY

I know it doesn't in other locations. I'm asking specifically about the NYC DMA as it seems there are usually better deals due to competition. Here's what the channel listings show in my zip code.
--

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit
reply to Thinkdiff

People in the NYC area (parts of Jersey included) get Showtime included free for PrimeHD, Showtime/HBO free for ExtremeHD and every Movie Channel free for UltimateHD. Last year they only gave Showtime free for Extreme. I guess they changed it since Cablevision now offers HBO for their silver package.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to Thinkdiff

When I had Extreme HD last year I only got Showtime as part of that package. I then upgraded to Ultimate HD at the end of last year and now I get all the premiums included. I'm in NJ.

eival

join:2008-07-09

ultimate is basically the best package, the amount difference between that and the other packages is minuscule, especially when you factor in the loss of all the features for anything under ultimate, just to save 5$

TitusTroy

join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

said by eival:

ultimate is basically the best package, the amount difference between that and the other packages is minuscule, especially when you factor in the loss of all the features for anything under ultimate, just to save 5$

totally agree...the difference was only like $5 or $10 when I first got FiOS so it made no sense not to get Ultimate...Ultimate not only includes all premium channels (HBO, Showtime, Starz, Epix etc) but ESPN 3D and NFL RedZone as well

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
Bronx, NY
reply to eival

said by eival:

The difference for me with 75/35 internet is $45/month, so not exactly minuscule. My 2 year pricing discounts are all about to run out, so I'll have to call Verizon next month to negotiate a new deal. Hoping the price won't increase too much.

For people that have Extreme HD without Showtime, can you login at www.showtimeanywhere.com ?
--