New York, NY

1 edit
reply to kenanmir

Re: NYC TWC - Just got the Arris TG862 - can't access Web GUI

said by kenanmir:

Have tried all of those addresses NONY.

Neither work.

Are either of you from the NY market?

Level3 says that they are indeed locking out customer access to the router unless you have Signature or Business Class service.

Nontheless, you can access your TG862G to change the default password, SSID, and WPA2 PSK via a variety of ways.

First off, are you configured by TWC for Bridged mode or RoutedWithNAT?

Router Reset Method -

1. Remove the power cord and all connections from your device (including the coax cable)
2. Remove the battery
3. Configure your pc/mac with 192.168.0.10;255.255.255.0;192.168.0.1 (ipAddr, mask, default gateway) respectively.
4. Disable wi-fi on your pc/mac
5. Connect your pc/mac to one of the LAN ports
6. Attach the power cord to your router (with the battery still removed)
7. Wait ~ 60 seconds
8. Confirm that you can ping 192.168.0.1 from your pc/mac
9. Confirm that you can telnet to 192.168.0.1 (but don't log on)
10. Clear your browser cache
11. Confirm that you can connect via TLS - https: //192.168.0.1
Note that if the certificate on your router is either untrusted, expired, or both - you may have to grant explicit permission to establish the connection.
12. Report back.

-nony

kenanmir

join:2012-11-07

Thanks nony,

This is really helpful.

I'm not sure if I'm in bridge mode or Routed with NAT.

All the machines on this modem are running over the wireless so I doubt it's bridge mode.

I know that the NAT isn't really working either because my torrent client isn't able to use NAT to assign itself external ports. I'm hoping this is something that I can turn on when in the Web GUI.

Will follow your steps and let you know what happens...
The step missing from your instructions is the default username and password for the router. Do you know what that is?

Thanks again.

kenanmir

join:2012-11-07
reply to nony

Hi nony. It doesn't seem to work. I even tried to do a reset with the reset button after having it disconnected from the coax.

192.168.0.1 doesn't seem to work.

The only ports that are open when I do a port scan are telnet, ssh and port 5000, but that doesn't seem to open in a browser either...

Help

nony
Premium
join:2012-11-17
New York, NY

kenanmir,

I can't help you. Learn to follow instructions.

-nony

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24
reply to kenanmir

said by kenanmir:

Hi nony. It doesn't seem to work. I even tried to do a reset with the reset button after having it disconnected from the coax.

192.168.0.1 doesn't seem to work.

That is the correct IP for the router. Press and hold the reset button for over 15 secs. without the coax connected.