uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zorack

join:2001-12-14
Fayetteville, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

heat pumps

Are there any electric heat pumps out there that will work for backup heat if the power goes off without using a generator? I don't think I've ever seen this question before and I'm pretty sure the answer to that is no. I'm just curious about this that's all.
--
Matt Barlow Rules! Bring him back to Iced Earth! \m/

jrs8084
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC
kudos:1

Are you asking if there are any electric heat pumps that will work without electricity? No.

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
reply to Zorack

said by Zorack:

Are there any electric heat pumps out there that will work for backup heat if the power goes off without using a generator? I don't think I've ever seen this question before and I'm pretty sure the answer to that is no. I'm just curious about this that's all.

better just get a pellet stove..... wait, those need electricity...
a wood or ng stove

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Propane also

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

And propane accessories.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA
Reviews:
·Millenicom

AmeriGas Important Customer Message

Propane cylinders like this one can hold 20 lbs of propane, but for safety reasons the standard exchange fill since 2002 has been about 17 lbs or approximately 4 gallons.

In August 2008, with the cost of Propane rising sharply, AmeriGas was one of the Propane providers who chose to reduce the amount of propane in it's cylinders from 17 to 15 pounds to avoid further increases at that time in the cost per exchange for consumers. We immediately changed our cylinder label to be sure consumers knew they were buying 15 lbs of Propane.

Unfortunately some consumers feel they were not sufficiently informed and that's a serious concern to us. We are taking steps to make this change even more visible including cylinder stickers, banners and information cards at every point of purchase an on our website.

Sometimes what you see ain't exactly what you get.

Zorack

join:2001-12-14
Fayetteville, WV
reply to Zorack

Thanks all,I just had to put that question out there,it puts my curiosity to rest.
--
Matt Barlow Rules! Bring him back to Iced Earth! \m/

Mr Matt

join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink

This propane heater listed on Amazon.com does not require electric to operate:

»www.amazon.com/Home-Comfort-DV14···bs_hg_19

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA

1 edit

I have a Buck Direct Natural Vent Propane stove. It has a fan but is very effective without it but my generator runs it.

ncbill
Premium
join:2007-01-23
Winston Salem, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to Zorack

The heat pump compressor requires a hefty generator.

But if propane or natural gas are available one can use a gas furnace as backup instead of electric heat strips.

In the latter case a small generator can be used to run the blower fan/thermostat.

said by Zorack: