how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SpykeYs

join:2009-01-23

[TV] Why are we limited to only 3 HD feeds + 1 SD feed on FTTH

Good afternoon,

I just signed up to Bell TV Fibe and I am wondering why I am limited to only 3 HD feeds + 1 SD feed on FTTH ?

Since i'm FTTH, I can technically do 125mb/125mb ? So why is bell limited my HD feeds ?

Also, I know in the past it was 2 HD and 2 SD, now it's 3 HD 1 SD.. Anyone know if bell has any plans to upgrade in the near future to 4 HD feeds ?

Thanks so much,

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

Re: [TV] Why are we limited to only 3 HD feeds + 1 SD feed on FT

said by SpykeYs:

Good afternoon,

I just signed up to Bell TV Fibe and I am wondering why I am limited to only 3 HD feeds + 1 SD feed on FTTH ?

Since i'm FTTH, I can technically do 125mb/125mb ? So why is bell limited my HD feeds ?

Also, I know in the past it was 2 HD and 2 SD, now it's 3 HD 1 SD.. Anyone know if bell has any plans to upgrade in the near future to 4 HD feeds ?

Thanks so much,

It's because of FTTN... They haven't made it different between both technologie.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

ftth definitely supports more throughput, so its probably only a matter of time before they open the streams for anyone on your profile.
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

SpykeYs

join:2009-01-23
reply to SpykeYs

Thanks guys..

I understand that FTTN is probably maxed out at 3 HD feeds... but why do they limit those on FTTH to 3 HD feeds..

Hopefully they will open more feeds soon.. I'm sure big families with teenagers wont be plased with 3 HD feeds..

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to SpykeYs

said by SpykeYs:

Good afternoon,

Thanks so much,

I think for now it's a question of how to do it... how to seperate FTTN customer from FTTH.

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
reply to SpykeYs

Same reason AT&T supplies the same bandwidth regardless of capabilities for uVerse - Consistency.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

quite possible a hardware and back end limitation. maybe in future they will have 4HD?