Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to plencnerb

Re: [WIN8] How do I ENABLE taskbar transparency in Win 8?

I have NO transparency of the taskbar even when I switch to one of the default Microsoft themes.

Besides, transparency level needs to be controlled by the user. That is a function of your video card ...at least it is on XP Pro. On Vista Ultimate on a virtual machine (where I could not use my nVidia 7800 GTX card), I had to install a third party program to get transparency but I can't find a third party program that will work on Win 8 and my shiny new $250 video card has no ability to provide transparency levels! Do you have to spend $500 on a video card now to get the ability to do transparency at the level you want for task bar and windows?

I didn't have that preview enabled. Thanks. I checked that box. That checkbox says it will show desktop button at the end of the taskbar. It does NOT do this. I cannot access desktop from the taskbar. I have to go into the horrific Metro side to get to the desktop.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson