All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JackBauer
join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY

JackBauer

About to order... STB price questions...

I'm coming to the end of my TW 12 month promotion in another month, but before it ended TW decided to add $4 for cable modem rentals.

I was planning on moving to Fios, but the fact that they are ignoring the retention promotion they offered me about a year ago, kinda sealed the deal.

I currently only have two SD TV's, will replace with a high end TV when they die. (Or maybe sooner, getting slightly anxious because the prices are ridiculously low, but as I said - I tend to buy high end and then milk the value out of it for a long long time)

Anyway - a MR DVR in my area is $20, with a second SD STB is $7... Making it actually cheaper for me to stay with TWC and negotiate another 12 month promo, unless I got the very basic "prime" TV and 15/5.

Anyway - I was hoping someone could educate me if there are any opportunities to get STB's "free for life"... Or if that is only in certain markets. I'm in the Albany NY region.

Thanks
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

I would ping them to see what deals they're currently running for new subscribers. I think they had been offering the MR DVR free for life, but I don't know if that's still available. At the very least, you should be able to get it free if you bundle, for the length of your contract.
JackBauer
join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY

JackBauer

Ok - I'll chat them online tomorrow and see.

Thanks for taking the time
JackBauer

JackBauer

I chatted today and there are no special promotions other than what the website offers.

I think I'll wait a month or two and see if VZ offers one of their "free DVR for life" promos, without impacting program pricing substantially.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

said by JackBauer:

I chatted today and there are no special promotions other than what the website offers.

I think I'll wait a month or two and see if VZ offers one of their "free DVR for life" promos, without impacting program pricing substantially.

NY deals are dead, Verizon is a premium service and now price that way, even for NY peeps