uniqs
share rss forum feed

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

[Tablet] [Review] Kindle Fire HD 8.9" gets so-so review

They like the HW & SW the same as the new 7" Kindle Fire, but they don't see where the 8.9" Fire slots in between the smaller & larger competitors.

»www.engadget.com/2012/11/19/amaz···-review/
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

Although I do not own one...so this is strictly an opinion with no hands-on testing, I tend to agree with the article.

I have a 7" Nexus and my wife has the 10.1" ASUS TF300T. For portability, the Nexus is large enough to do what I want/need, but also very portable. Even then, it is sometimes almost larger than what I ideally want to cart along, and for reading in bed and such. I do not think that I'd want to go any larger than that.

When I want more screen real-estate, and portability is somewhat less important, then the ASUS really shines.

Some might see the 8.9" Fire as the "Best of both worlds", but I see it as neither ideally portable, nor competitive to 10.1"screens. For the price, I think that it is not nearly as good a deal as the Kindle Fire HD 7".
--
Deeds, not words

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
reply to FFH5
Not sure why this would be a shocker????

Its a glorified book reader that Amazon want people to stay close to.

Last thing they want is it for to be a full fledged beholden to no one robust full featured tablet.

Heck most of the they Android App complaints I see is they don;t work on Kindles.
--