how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lorikr

join:2004-02-07
Lincoln, RI

[Spam] error message

Does anyone know why I would get about 300 undeliverable messages that look like this with different emails and what I can do to stop getting them? Thanks - Lori

Your message was rejected by mta5.am0.yahoodns.net for the following reason:

delivery error: dd Sorry your message to jm8817348@yahoo.com cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta1345.mail.gq1.yahoo.com

The following recipients did not receive this message:

Please reply to
if you feel this message to be in error.

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by lorikr:

Does anyone know why I would get about 300 undeliverable messages that look like this with different emails and what I can do to stop getting them? Thanks - Lori

JHD (Just hit delete)

I can't be sure - too little evidence - but it looks as if a spammer might be using your email address to send spam.

You should check whether an intruder has broken into your system or your email account. If there is any possibility of the latter, then change the password. Apart from that, all you can do is ride out the storm of bounces.
--
AT&T Uverse; Zyxel NBG334W router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.2; firefox 16.0.2

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 recommendation

reply to lorikr

i know it might be some work and very irritating, but make sure there isnt a legit email warning you of something bad. I can't find the thread, but someone got hammered with a bunch of email but had an email from Apple where someone used his card to order a few things. The influx of spam was a cover up to fraud.
--
| map your city |

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to lorikr

Summer of 2002 I had my 'yahoo.com' email address used in a spammer forgery. I received hundreds of Delivery Failure Notices for email I never sent. I reset the account password, just in case. I also ran malware checks. In the end, it was just some spammer forging my email address as the putative sender.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

lorikr

join:2004-02-07
Lincoln, RI

I changed the password. didn't get anything for a few days, then this morning there were about 75 in there. This was at the top of the message:

Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not have a mail system running right now.

Should I change my password again?

Lori

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

What is the context of that message? A pop-up on the web mail site? From an email? If from an email, can you post full headers with your email address redacted?
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum