spc
uniqs
Jackal1
join:2010-08-10
Lincoln, NE

Jackal1 to BlueArcher

to BlueArcher

Re: 24 Mbps package

I changed my mind. Decided to bite the bullet. Right now I'm going to go with the 12/2 for $3 more/month. With the modem charge, that's like $13/month for the next year. I could go to 24/2 for $7 more, but I haven't decided for sure yet. It sounds like it won't take a truck roll to do that since it sounds like (here at least) they're both Gbond...?
ChadS81
join:2008-01-20
Saint Marys, PA

ChadS81

I'm a stone throw from the DSLAM and have experienced too many issues with my line after upgrading from 6mb to 12 to even consider upgrading my speed to 24. My SNR is 11-12 typically with an attenuation level of 18, hard to beat that attenuation level. At one point after a month of troubleshooting the issue WS was recommending downgrading back to the 6MB package, just sweep the dirt under the carpet rather than finding the root of the issue.

BlueArcher
Premium Member
join:2003-03-11
Lexington, KY

BlueArcher to Jackal1

Premium Member

to Jackal1
I have been trying hard to get the specifics around these packages. Like whether 12/2 is always ADSL2+, 24/2 is always ADSL2+ Gbond, and 24/4 is always VDSL2 or what?

I am going to ask the tech lots of questions when he comes

Chad, my ADSL2 stats are about the same as yours, 11 SNR, 19 Attn... What I do not know is whether I will still be served from the same physical line or RT once they switch me to VDSL. Should be interesting to learn.

xsbell
join:2008-12-22
Canada

xsbell

said by BlueArcher:

I have been trying hard to get the specifics around these packages. Like whether 12/2 is always ADSL2+, 24/2 is always ADSL2+ Gbond, and 24/4 is always VDSL2 or what?

I am going to ask the tech lots of questions when he comes

Chad, my ADSL2 stats are about the same as yours, 11 SNR, 19 Attn... What I do not know is whether I will still be served from the same physical line or RT once they switch me to VDSL. Should be interesting to learn.

Unless they're going to use Annex M to achieve higher than 1.5Mbps on the upload, which I don't see happening (even the Comtrend CPEs don't support it), more than likely it'll be either bonded ADSL2+ or VDSL2, depending on the distance of your loop. Anyone close enough will probably get a VDSL2 profile while customers with longer loops will get bonded ADSL2+, except for the 24/4 plan, that'll be strictly VDSL2 and PON.

BlueArcher
Premium Member
Lexington, KY

BlueArcher

Premium Member

The 1704 does support Annex M

xsbell
join:2008-12-22
Canada

xsbell

said by BlueArcher:

The 1704 does support Annex M

The Sagemcom? I don't think it does.

BlueArcher
Premium Member
Lexington, KY

BlueArcher

Premium Member

said by xsbell:

The Sagemcom? I don't think it does.

At the very least in the Advanced Setup > DSL menu it has an AnnexM Enabled checkbox
BlueArcher

BlueArcher

Premium Member

The tech is here, he stated that they are installing the Gbond service. And this is his first install.
jerminy11
join:2011-12-27
Texarkana, AR

jerminy11

Looking forward to a speedtest

BlueArcher
Premium Member
Lexington, KY

BlueArcher

Premium Member

Well it is up, but I am not getting any faster than around 13 Mb downstream yet. Techs are still here working on it. One of my paths is showing max rate is 14399 kbps, the other is showing only 8064 kbps. Also indicates Aggregate Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 28798. Upload speed is getting about 1.7-1.8 Mbps throughput. He said it is testing perfect at the NID. Sad because I have CAT5 to all my phone jacks, so I would hope it isn't an inside wiring problem.

I really had my heart set on that 4 Mbps upload, so I will have to look in to that situation with Aaron. The field guy doesn't seem to know about the VDSL2 implementations.
BlueArcher

BlueArcher

Premium Member

Currrently up to about 17-18 Mbps downstream. Still room for improvement, and the 2nd path is still showing only 8064 Kbps sync rate.