PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord

Re: Star Citizen - Wing Commander Creator Returns to PC Gaming

Thanks for the thread. Websense has already gone and blocked RSI.

Some questions--if you get time, can you post here on DSLR?
• Can you explain how the subscription differs from the pledge? When does that go live?
• How do add-ons work? Can I select them after I pledge (either on RSI or KS)? Do they add to my pledge total and towards unlocking a higher tier?
• I hear we are 24 months out from launch--have they said Q4-CY14, or is that is what is just being thrown around?
• What is this about a lamp?

Also, STICKY! We have 2 years to wait. Let's keep everything in one place.

I gotta say I am pretty excited about this. I think I will start planning for a major computer rebuild around just before this goes live.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

said by Krisnatharok:

Can you explain how the subscription differs from the pledge? When does that go live?

Monthly backings are live already.

Here's what CR had to say about the monthly backing options.

"Subscriptions

Over the past month weve had a lot of requests from users who simply want to support the game. Some cant afford to spend $250 on a higher pledge tier right now but would like to help out every month for a small amount. Then there are those that have already backed for a good amount but believe so strongly in the project that they want help make sure we can deliver as much content and functionality as possible by adding a monthly contribution. Were honored and humbled by this.

We welcome the support as every extra dollar allows us to flesh out the world with more ships, locations and features. If just 10% of the community helps out in this manner, we would be able to afford 6 additional team members. This would mean more artists to build ships and systems, game designers to flesh out missions and an additional person or two to service the community more effectively.

But we needed to sit back and figure out how to do this in a way that doesnt violate our core principals. To that end, we want to make clear that there will NEVER be a subscription needed to play Star Citizen. Once you have backed you should not be have to spend extra money to play the game. Similarly, Star Citizen will never be ‘pay to win, so we are not going to offer a subscription plan that gives some users special equipment or additional money or any kind of edge in combat. We feel strongly that everything that affects gameplay can be earned in game via your actions.

The only thing left is telling our story: letting you follow the development of the game. But heres the thing: were already doing that. It was part of the promise we made when you pledged for your copy of Star Citizen in the first place and, again, we arent going to change any of our plans because it might mean more money. If youve paid for the game, everything at the site is yours for the next two years: the Comm-Link, the Spectrum Dispatches, the RSI Museum, the forums and the live chat… as is everything we havent rolled out yet, but will: engineering updates about the game mechanics, holovids of the gameplay as it takes shape, access to the Alpha and Beta and much more.

Instead, weve created an extra set of rewards and ways to follow our development for interested subscribers, divided into two levels: Centurion ($10/month) and Imperator ($20/month.) These are things that were confident we wouldnt have done without the extra money and the time it allows us."

So basically you get nothing special

Are are the details again:

"Centurion:

The ability to participate in the live monthly team show and tell. We will answer twenty questions from subscribers (selected via voting system.) Subscribers will watch the update live as it is being recorded.
Jump Point, the monthly digital magazine of Star Citizen. A 4-6 page monthly newsletter which includes updates from the team and new in-universe Star Citizen fiction from the writing team.
Access to The Vault, a collection of Star Citizen artwork that would otherwise never be seen, including ‘paths not taken discarded concept art for the true collector.
An exclusive catalog of Star Citizen subscriber merchandise.
Your name in the game. We cant tell you where youll find it, but if you subscribe for at least 12 months your name will be located somewhere in the Star Citizen world!
Centurion decal for your ship

Imperator:
Everything listed above, plus…
Visit Cloud Imperium and see how the game is made! Imperator-level subscribers will be allowed one visit per year (scheduled in advance) to the Star Citizen development offices in Austin or Los Angeles.
Three wishes – Chris Roberts will personally reply to three of your questions a year.
Your name on the wall-of-honor at Cloud Imperium HQ if you subscribe for at least 12 months.
Jump Point: Year One, a printed collection of Jump Point issues provided to anyone who subscribes for the entire first year of development.
Imperator decal for your Ship."
said by Krisnatharok:

How do add-ons work? Can I select them after I pledge (either on RSI or KS)? Do they add to my pledge total and towards unlocking a higher tier?

Add-ons are usually ships or skins and can be added to your pledge via the RSI website. If you pledge money towards a ship and you FIRST pledged BEFORE the KS campaign ended, you will receive lifetime insurance on that ship (hull only). The ships you bought will wait for you in a hangar at launch. All pledge ships get free and unlimited garage space as well (others will have to pay parking fees).

You can add add-ons for the next 12 months. Original backers keep old prices, new backers will pay a little more.

All pledges and add-ons work toward a total pledge amount that will impact your final pledge tier as well as what color box you get (125$+ is green, 250$+ is gray and signed by CR).
said by Krisnatharok:

I hear we are 24 months out from launch--have they said Q4-CY14, or is that is what is just being thrown around?

Playable multiplayer alpha in 12 months, campaign + persistent universe in 24 months.
said by Krisnatharok:

What is this about a lamp?

During the last 24 hours of the campaign, CR and his team were live streaming from their Austin offices. Just before the final 12 hours stretch, CR took them all to dinner and left the office room empty, but did leave a written note on a lamp we could read. After a few hours, nobody had came back and fans were rabid for new adventures, so they started making up lore for the lamp. When the staff returned, they started adding new notes to the lamp and just played along after they noticed how crazy people had went for the lamp. In the end it had gotten so big CR said they'd have to make a lamp model for the game.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Also

#STICKY

I pledged the digital BH. I will probably end up upgrading to physical Rear Admiral by the time this launches.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

A
I pledged the digital BH. I will probably end up upgrading to physical Rear Admiral by the time this launches.

This is my plan as well, a BBR guild will exist no matter what.