DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

[iPhone] Swiss Army Type iPhone Case

Click for full size
TaskLab
Now this is what I call a useful iPhone case! Don't even think of taking it on an aircraft, though.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Wait.. there wasn't an app for this?
decx
Premium Member
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

Now this is what I call a useful iPhone case! Don't even think of taking it on an aircraft, though.

Interesting idea, but it actually makes both tools less useful. It renders the iPhone less mobile as you'll either need to take off the case or leave the iPhone behind when going places where knives are not allowed (places that are increasing daily). As for the tools, the iPhone's form factor doesn't really make for a very practical handle for short knife or oddly placed screwdriver. Frankly a small SAK will provide more tools in a more practical (and just as small given the additional thickness required for the case) package.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by decx:

a small SAK will provide more tools in a more practical (and just as small given the additional thickness required for the case) package.

Exactly !

I have been carrying a Swiss Army Knife for more then 50 years and I'm not going to screw up my iPhone with a wannabe whatever case.

Personally, I carry mine in a leather slip case which also cleans the screen of all those ugly finger prints.
Expand your moderator at work