Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to f0rtys3ven

Re: [NFL] Week 12 Games Discussion

Yeah, some of those I never would have thought about in this context, especially the players who aren't currently active. Mostly it's because they played on teams I don't really follow. Collins, Kitna, Brunell, etc.

When you get onto the site, they list the games for each QB. It's really a lot of info.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3
reply to capdjq
said by capdjq:

Do the Lions have to play every Thanksgiving?

Actually, yes. Them and the Cowboys.
They're the two teams who stepped up and volunteered to play on Thanksgiving when nobody else wanted to. Their reward is a nationally-televised game every Thanksgiving.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west

2 edits
reply to Moorecards
The Lions coach Jim Schwartz can not blame the players on their lost. It was Jim Schwartz that lost the game by throwing a illegal challenge flag.
It was a good game this time.
--
Caddy

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
Click for full size
Cowboys are getting killed.

Jones is going to choke on his turkey.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Yep 4 tds in the first half alone. I am on a 11/ delay so i can ff so i do not have watch the ads. I just to half time now.
--
Caddy

tao
Frazzlebats
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Lansing, MI
reply to Caddyroger
Who knew that rule?

Please explain that rule to me. Every scoring play is reviewed except when there is any penalty on the coaching staff? Or, only when the review flag is thrown?

Either way, the runner was down and the refs blew it with a non-call.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by tao:

Who knew that rule?

Please explain that rule to me. Every scoring play is reviewed except when there is any penalty on the coaching staff? Or, only when the review flag is thrown?

Either way, the runner was down and the refs blew it with a non-call.

I did not know about that myself. I guess since all td's are reviewed their can be not a challenged called. Since Jim Schwartz threw the flag it was illegal and the play can not be reviewed. Lions lose game. I just read where Jason Hanson blames him self. He did not lose the game.
After Jim Schwartz flub the lions had other chances to win. Twice Stafford got sack to lose field goal range. Then the fumble at the 25 yard line in over time.
--
Caddy

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
reply to Moorecards
It also happen to Mike Smith in the Atlanta game last week. On a iffy turnover he threw the red flag. 15 yards and no review. Bad rule really .. but a coach can't throw a challenge flag on a scoring play or a turnover since they are reviewed auto.

Caddyroger
Premium
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Moorecards:

It also happen to Mike Smith in the Atlanta game last week. On a iffy turnover he threw the red flag. 15 yards and no review. Bad rule really .. but a coach can't throw a challenge flag on a scoring play or a turnover since they are reviewed auto.

That rule should be eliminated it stupid. If any thing take the challenge away but still do the review of the play.
--
Caddy

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
reply to Moorecards
Holy crap at the Jets game.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Yeah, how many times can they turn the ball over for a Pats TD in a row?

So far we're up to 2.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
Wow, NE has scored 35 pts so far in 2nd qtr. Jets are being murdered.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Pats TD.
Jets Fumble for Pats TD.
Jets Fumble for Pats TD.
All in under a minute.

If I wasn't a Jets fan, this would be kind of funny.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
Well, they started a comeback.

Wonder if we see Tebow in the 4th as a QB.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
Hopefully that TD pass continues the comeback they started with the Field Goal.
It was a TD, wasn't it?

Guess not.

And then 1st and Goal from the 3 and they can't punch it in in 4 tries.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
Well, they did get 2 pts out of it....

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
And on the ensuing drive after the Free Kick, they get a TD.

Not bad.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to Caddyroger
said by Caddyroger:

said by Moorecards:

That rule should be eliminated it stupid. If any thing take the challenge away but still do the review of the play.

Or....how about the refs just pick up the red flag and say "no...that's okay. We'll review this one anyways." Like...why is that even a penalty? And, just so I understand properly, because Schwartz threw the challenge flag, that automatically meant the touchdown play went unreviewed? Because, there's no way anybody taking a second look at that play would rule it a touchdown. This is just as bad a clusterfuck as the end of the GB-Seattle game.
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Moorecards
It's a bad rule because it negates the review.
But coaches should know that on turnovers and Touchdowns, they shouldn't throw the challenge flag, a review is automatic.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Moorecards
49 to 12.

Tebow time? Please?

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

2 recommendations

reply to Rook008

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
lol but also, ouch

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to rockotman

I get in trouble 'trash-talking' because I am profane.

»/r0/download/2···urka.jpg

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

1 recommendation

I actually stole those from EL.

I'm not one for trash talking, but those were pretty damn funny.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to Moorecards
Please.
Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please.

Please don't fire Rex Ryan.

He's comedy gold.

I've met Belichek at the ACK airport a couple times.

Me: "Love the press conferences"
BB: *smiles* "Thanks."
Me: "Do you have a hard time keeping a straight face?"
BB: *chuckle* "Something like that."

Chatted golf and fishing. He's a rather nice guy.

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6

1 edit
reply to Harddrive
said by Harddrive:

Holy crap at the Jets game.

Rex Ryan most overrated head coach in the NFL..

So listen up skinny Rex...You're Fired!!!

Mark Sanchez...what a wasted draft pick and then to give him tons more money ...idiots...he just doesn't have the smarts or talent to be a top flight quarterback in the NFL...Never any confidence on his face...instead the look of pure confusion and fear...the guy sucks and no more chances saying just wait for him to develop next year.

So listen up mister night life Broadway Joe wanna be going out partying all the time....You're Fired!!!!

Jets are fortunate that Tebow is being a good soldier and basically keeping his mouth shut until he can get the hell out of New York at the end of the season...Skinny Rex and who ever else in the Jets organization who is responsible for getting Tebow should all be fired.....The guy has more competitive spirit in him then the whole Jet team has together....what a wrong to get him only to sit him....asshole Jets....

The entire dysfunctional Jets organization is fired......

Assholes...

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
reply to Moorecards
Had RG3 on my bench I was pissed off I benched him.. Especially in the start of the 2nd at Brady only had 2 points.. then BAM! More points than RG3. Only down part is I was playing the patriots defense
--
"I done wrassled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only Last week I murdered a rock, Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!!"-Ali

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3
reply to Moorecards
The 'Skins defense made that game way, way too interesting in the second half.
Also, as Brandon Banks keeps returning kickoffs from out of the endzone to about the 10 or 13 yard-line, maybe coaches should instruct him not to return those. Just a thought.

That rule about shit-canning the automatic review because a coach illegally tossed the challenge flag seriously needs to change. You can penalize the coach/team while still getting the call right, seems to me.

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to sailor
said by sailor:

The entire dysfunctional Jets organization is fired......

Assholes...

»www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/···D4RwCLZv

capecoddah

Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to sailor
sailor:
Blah, blah, blah. we suck

Keep the sense of humor. In 10-20-30 years the Patriots will revert to Patsies.

Post Script: If you are a blow-boater on Lon Gilsland, I hope you weathered the storm well. FIGAWI?