Premium
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·Bright House
·Callcentric
·voip.ms

Anyone using Google Voice via Simonics.com having issues?

Anyone using Google Voice via simonics.com having issues today? For some reason, my SIP calls do not properly connect (inbound or outbound) although I am not logged in to gchat.

I can see incoming calls in history, but no outbound calls are established.

Adam4
Premium
join:2011-05-30
Woodland Hills, CA
My simonics is not working right now as well. Outgoing calls do not complete, incoming calls hear "the Google subscriber you have called is not available".
--
Asterisk - VoIP.ms - CallWithUs - Callcentric - Google Voice - Simonics -IPKall - UKDDI

BigAl233
Premium
join:2001-08-14
New York, NY
reply to Trimline
Yes, since last night I'm having the exact same problem too.

Calls from softphones to my Simonics GV number though do go through.

BigAl233
Premium
join:2001-08-14
New York, NY
Looks like the problem is with gvgw1.simonics.com.

Unregistered my number and re-registered it, got assigned to gvgw3.simonics.com, and all is working fine now.

simontel

@amazonaws.com
Discovered an ip routing problem this morning with gvgw1 and repaired it just now. A number of GV accounts on the gateway were unable to log in. Fixed now; thanks for your patience.

Trimline
Premium
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·Bright House
·Callcentric
·voip.ms
said by simontel :

Discovered an ip routing problem this morning with gvgw1 and repaired it just now. A number of GV accounts on the gateway were unable to log in. Fixed now; thanks for your patience.

Thanks Bill!

zapattack

join:2012-07-02
CANADA
reply to simontel
Re:unable to log in.
If an Obi is logged in to GV account, can the simonics server still function to send and receive calls?
Can more than one softphone log into the simonics server at the same time?

simontel

@verizon.net
I don't know what will happen if an Obi is also logged in. The GVGW (now) sets xmpp priority 127 to try to override all other logins. But I think the Obi does the same, so they'd be equal. I don't know which would receive incoming calls. Both could place calls outbound.

Accounts are limited to one SIP login per registration, but donors to the project can request additional SIP logins for a multi-device configuration. See »simonics.com/2012/11/gv-gateway-···eatures/

zapattack

join:2012-07-02
CANADA
Thanks for the info. My Obi appears to have grabbed incoming away from the simonics ( which is connected to my PBX). This is less useful because of reduced routing options.