uniqs
share rss forum feed

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
kudos:2
reply to Earache

Re: (Ultimate) Not getting anywhere near advertised speed

Is that it or are there more entries in the log?

Edit: You didn't do the tests from the modem like I asked, do it with the computer directly connected to the DPC3825 because your e4200 might be reducing your speed if it thinks your speed is slow when it ran its QoS tests.

Earache

join:2010-05-11
Woodbridge, ON
reply to Earache

oops forgot to include it

That's all that in the logs.

technocar2

Brampton, ON

said by Earache:

oops forgot to include it

That's all that in the logs.

Yep, as I suspected its your e4200's QoS, you need to disable it and set it manually.

Earache

Woodbridge, ON
reply to Earache

Let me try that. I'll just disable it completely.

Earache

Woodbridge, ON
reply to Earache

I'm going to try turning wireless mode on and see if I get a better result. I have a feeling the router is dying.

Earache

Woodbridge, ON
reply to Earache

That didn't work. I'm stumped.

technocar2

Brampton, ON
reply to Earache

You disabled the QoS?

Earache

Woodbridge, ON
reply to Earache

Yup, now its even slower the before.

On Wifi

technocar2

Brampton, ON

2 edits

said by Earache:

Yup, now its even slower the before.

On Wifi

How is it connected wired to the e4200?

And also make sure the wifi settings in the router are set to wireless N and change it to a different channel, like channel 9 or something. And I assume you are using a wireless N card.

Edit: If you can enable remote management I can remotely check all the settings if you want. Just pm me your IP and admin/password if you want me check everything. And if none of this works then you can try putting in ddwrt on the e4200 as the problem is the router, your modem and everything on rogers side is fine.
Also temporarily you can use the built in router in your modem, its still much better than what you are getting right now. Just put it back into router mode.

Earache

Woodbridge, ON
reply to Earache

Tried using built in. Makes no difference. The tech left me his number. I guess I can call him tomorrow. I just don't understand why it's bouncing around like this.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON

Rogers 25/2 is really tanking out in London. It's been 20/1.9 for days and now it's:

Earache

Woodbridge, ON
reply to Earache

They must be doing work then. It's the only thing I can think of. I get spikes of close to ad speeds then it drops off 20-30mbps.

Coolio10_t

join:2012-05-06
reply to elitefx

Same issue since uploads got increased today.