Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

Pricing Question

I was looking at ways to save a little money by downgrading Internet to 50/25 (from 75/35) and TV to Prime (from Extreme). I clicked on Local for the heck of it and the pricing is actually higher than Prime. This makes no sense to me.....

Why would Local, which includes about 15 channels be more expensive than Prime?

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
Local Plan is $12.99 a month and Prime is about $65

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
Click for full size
When you bundle it prices are quite different......

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to kes601
said by kes601:

Why would Local, which includes about 15 channels be more expensive than Prime?

It's cheaper for them with Prime because their content rates are based on subscribers. It would cost them too much to encourage local TV only.

Only way it would cost 12.99 is if you had only TV. Or, not bundled.

If you haven't figured it out by now, it's impossible to go backwards. Only way to really get cheaper than minimum tier is to drop a service.

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
I know it's impossible to go backwards, but just thought it was kind of an oddity. I would understand the bundle being the same or slightly cheaper, but not more expensive.

I could save $20/month dropping Extreme to Prime and lowering Internet from 75/35 to 50/25. Only thing stopping me is lack of MLB Channel on Prime.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
said by kes601:

Only thing stopping me is lack of MLB Channel on Prime.

You could do the Prime with the sports package but then your net savings will only be $10.

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
Sports package here is unfortunately $15, so net is $5...

eival

join:2008-07-09
reply to kes601
said by kes601:

I know it's impossible to go backwards, but just thought it was kind of an oddity. I would understand the bundle being the same or slightly cheaper, but not more expensive.

I could save $20/month dropping Extreme to Prime and lowering Internet from 75/35 to 50/25. Only thing stopping me is lack of MLB Channel on Prime.

the taxes will make any changes irrelevant

i dropped from ultimate to prime and the financial change was miniscule, combined with the loss of every additional feature, from on demand, to even watchespn access and some of the sports channels arent even included in the sports pack, like NFL, MLB, YES, and ESPNNEWS and some others

i upgraded to the new 50/25 from the old 30/30 and now back up to ultamite and its still about $200 a mo, plus the phone, when i downgraded it was like 180+

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
How would moving from extreme to prime cause you to lose ondemand and watchespn access?

kyler13
Is your fiber grounded?

join:2006-12-12
Arnold, MD
said by kes601:

How would moving from extreme to prime cause you to lose ondemand and watchespn access?

Clearly watch ESPN is tied to the current mid or upper tier because I tried accessing it a few days ago (first time in about a year) and it didn't work, said my TV subscription wasn't eligible. So I have a grandfathered mid-tier (not the current one). I was gonna go poking around and see if I could figure out what's required. Anyone know precisely what includes watch ESPN?

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
said by kyler13:

said by kes601:

Clearly watch ESPN is tied to the current mid or upper tier because I tried accessing it a few days ago (first time in about a year) and it didn't work

I was under the assumption that you need to also have Verizon internet for ESPN3 online. Anyone know if thats correct?

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA
I said nothing about dropping Internet, I said downgrading from 75/35 to 50/25.

bohratom

Red Bank NJ
said by kes601:

I said nothing about dropping Internet, I said downgrading from 75/35 to 50/25.

Nah, my comment was directed to kyler...