Geek4Life
Premium Member
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH

s1deout to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus

Re: [Raiding] Mogu'Shan Vaults

We did that last nite. Had a healer who would not work on OS gear so it was limiting us on a fight. Swapped them out for a dps - boom - boss dies we get loot.

Sometimes you gotta make the tough call.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Yeah, you definitely (as you and Arch both point out) have to make a choice: social and limited and wait for nerfs, or be progressive and make hard calls sometimes and replace people, if they can't improve in a timely fashion. Not my call in this raid, my only call is to decide whether I like their direction and want to stick with it. I do plan to talk to the RL about it, though, he told me last week that I'm one of the players he doesn't even think about - I just show up and perform, he doesn't need to worry. I think I can probably use that to get my opinion in - because he knows I'm consistent.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to s1deout

to s1deout
Due to lack of attendance we 22 manned stone guards, 23 manned Feng, 22 manned Garajal (one DC'd didn't come back), 23 manned Spirit Kings.. we knew we weren't going to kill Elegon we went like that to HoF, first boss we didn't make it with 23, and one healer was having problems getting connected.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

This weeks comp sucks. not sure if everyone gets the same:

Cobalt Mines
Amethyst Pools
Jasper Chains

/uggh

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I think EU gets a different set... but yeah... that set sucks.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
They nerfed the shit out of HoF. 1st boss is 4 healable now easy. 2nd boss is 5/6 heals. Garalon needs 5 heals for enrage.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Yeah, for sure.

We 24 manned MSV Wednesday and 23 manned first boss of HoF.

I slept through the raid last night = /, but I heard they downed Garalon (first for us as a 25m group--we've got ~5 kills from breaking down into 2 tens).

I'm definitely expecting to have some DKP docked for not posting on our forums that I wouldn't be there last night...just hoping I don't get benched, too. I'm looking forward to a full night of Mel'jarek pulls.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

I was annoyed with our group last night. We had a priest and mage bail permanently on the group (with only a few hours notice), leaving the RL scrambling. We struggled on SG (due to the ugly comp, Lord have mercy, chains/bombs/puddles) and took 3 tries there. 2 shot Feng (this is usually a one shot), and then muddled around on Spiritbinder due to healer UI issues (3-4 wipes), then 2 shot Spirit Kings. Went to HoF, and tried the first boss...again....I don't know why people have such dps issues on this fight. The aff lock and I pulled 65k sustained each, and everyone else was at 30k...or dead to attenuation. We had a 3% wipe despite that to enrage...sigh. Wish people could get their shit together, 30k dps was ok in Cata but definitely not in MoP.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Best way to deal with Attenuation is to pull your camera up to an overhead view, it allows the best angle to see where the discs are in relation to your character. Also people need to understand that dodging a disc is more important that finishing their chaos bolt/fireball/mind blast etc. cast.

In our 24 man clear of MSV, I was able to sneak out Stone Guard and Feng as Arcane before my GM whispered me and basically told me to switch over to Fire. Obviously, I didn't keep up with our other Mage (who is Fire) on Stone Guard (he did ~120k to my ~70k), but I actually finished Feng with higher DPS(e) than him (~65k to 64k) according to WoL. I posted world #45 on Stone Guard and world #27 on Feng (while beating the more experienced, better geared Fire Mage), and was still asked "what's with the Arcane spec?" and told that I "should play Fire or something more competitive."

If you look at my character's wow-heroes page (Triclops -- Bleeding Hollow), I'm destroying Arcane in LFR, and would be doing the same in normal modes if I wouldn't get run out of the raid for playing a less than optimal spec...even if I post similar DPS numbers as I do while playing Fire, and performing much closer to the spec's maximum potential because I'm more comfortable with its mechanics.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
I'm putting out 30k on my Elemental Shaman at level 86, single target, no gimmicks. My DK is ilevel 458 at level 90 is doing about 45-50k, single target, no gimmicks.

Putting out solid DPS is easier than it ever was. Blizzard has streamlined the process to be of similar difficulty for most classes and specs. Icy Veins means that talent choices, glyphs, rotations, cooldowns, etc., makes it easier.

You can take it a step further by going to Elitist Jerks or whatever, but you can put out respectable numbers with only 30-60 minutes worth of time investment.
Exodus

Exodus to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
If you look at Attenuation, you'll see that the discs come out in a clock-wise or counter-clockwise measure. If you put yourself just a hair out out of auto attack range, you can follow the rotation without taking any damage.

If you're at any kind of significant ranged distance, you're going to have a bad time as the discs/balls split off and go all kinds of random on you. Stay near melee and follow the path and when the balls go all random, it'll be behind you.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Yeah, not to mention cast your instants while doing it, bit of a loss of DPS but not total loss

On my rogue I always come on top on that fight, I never get hit by attenuation, but if I get MCd, look out.. LOL
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

I'm with you guys here...I'm maintaining almost 70k while doing it. I do spin my camera straight up, and Arch is right - if you watch the pattern, there is a gap you can just run along with, and never get hit, which is what I do. I watch the timer, and try to pool a little focus before that phase, and then just do a burst of instants while I move, either that, or I switch to aspect of the fox and just regen focus during that phase. Either way, I don't get why people are having such a hard time with it.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

I don't have any issues on that fight...It's the final phase of the second fight in HoF that I have problems with...The "magnet" radius of those stupid tornados is about 3 yards bigger than the tornado itself. I'll see a cyclone coming at me, then a big gap behind it, so instead of running around it I'll blink through it. Sometimes I get too close to the next tornado in my lane and get sucked in, even though I don't actually run into it.

dj: You should be top priority on MC's then, which I'm sure you are...I hope everyone is blowing their CC's before the MCs come out...Had a sPriest fear bomb the entire raid in LFR the other day, guess you can't fix stupid sometimes.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Ah, memories of Hakkar. Fun times till the lol ret pally won Zin Rokh.