join:2002-03-23
Oxford, MI

2 edits

tr6scott

Newbie questions.

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Ok, couple of newbie questions. Just got installed last week.

1. Remote, can you program out the channels that I do not subscribe to? Really a hassle but I have not found it in my "getting started" pamphlet.

2. internet sites where uverse is discussed like here at dslreports. I downloaded uvreal and it says to post screen shots on uverseusers, took a look at the site, and many of the "recent" posts are months old? Is there better sites for this, or better to stay home here.

3. Is there a site that show more technical data about the iNid system. My first installer was going to get me some training docs, but then a line issue popped up, and he left and I never saw him again, a new tech showed up on Thursday to complete install after the line problem was rectified. The FAQ here seems to be lacking this data to. Also interested in all of the settings on gateway web interface. (I am coming from 10 years of dsl service and used to the at&t dsl forum that was blessed, with some very knowledgeable users that documented, the FAQ very well.)

4. *Edit Added*
uvreal data screen captures, so all of these posts seem to post this data, so what does it all mean?

Thanks.
tr6scott

tr6scott

Question 1. was found last night in the settings screen of the receiver, there is an option to "hide" channels.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

1) This weekend is free preview weekend of U450, so many of those unsubscribed channels will be available this weekend

2) Here and uverseusers.com and also the heavily moderated uverse forum @ forums.att.com

3) There is some general iNID information at pace/2wire's website. The gui for modem configuration can be reached @ 192.168.1.254. For many of the settings you need the system pw that is on the iPSU power supply unit.

4) In short, you have what appears to be a good stable pair of vdsl2 bonded pairs

Forosnai
join:2011-09-30

Forosnai to tr6scott

to tr6scott
»www.att.com/esupport/uve ··· -guides/
The fastest way to trim up the junk is to mark all the stations that you might watch as favorites and use the my favorites to browse and switch channels instead of the guide. Hiding channels can be problematic because you may want to see what might be on said channels one day (e.g. if you hide stuff your not subscribed to, you might miss out on some free content opportunities during this free preview weekend).