join:2007-11-26
North, VA

1 edit

Jack_in_VA to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan

Re: Holmes Fan Forum closed !?!

said by LazMan:

I don't think anyone is complaining about the forum being shut down - my personal complaint, and I believe others feel the same, is HOW it was handled...

A little notice, and an explanation, could have maintained some good will, rather then just pulling the plug, and leaving everyone to wonder what happened...

At the end of the day, you're both absolutely right - they have every right to shut it down; the users, however, also have the right to dislike the way it was handled... That's where I'm at, myself.

I sympathize with your frustration but is here the correct venue to "Let it out"? Just asking. I always considered Holmes as arrogant and overbearing.

Pabs
@gc.ca

Pabs

Anon

yes they have the right to do this...the government also has the right to take my land away to build a highway on it and pay me what it deems fair... just because they have the right to do something doesn't mean they should and that we should like it

I've been to many reno forums over the years but always went back to that one for solid and prompt info on the many projects I've worked on...that's the resource I'm sad is gone...the group of people that made up that forum.
I know that Mike Holmes wasn't replying to anything on there...and didn't care..wasn't really about him anyway

Pabs