uniqs

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox

Re: AMD vs I-core

Intel is definitely putting out superior architecture right now. But if you only use your computer for WoW, you probably won't notice much of a difference in a...let's say, AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition with a slight overclock and an i5-2500 at stock settings...and the AMD is $100 cheaper.

Once you start using your rig to multi-task or perform more CPU intensive activities like media editing, Intel will blow AMD out of the water.

All in all, Intel is definitely on top of AMD at the moment...but most of us couldn't tell much of a difference in a high end AMD processor with a little tweaking and a stock mid-level Intel chip.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX

Premium Member

said by McBrain:

Intel is definitely putting out superior architecture right now. But if you only use your computer for WoW, you probably won't notice much of a difference in a...let's say, AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition with a slight overclock and an i5-2500 at stock settings...and the AMD is $100 cheaper.

Once you start using your rig to multi-task or perform more CPU intensive activities like media editing, Intel will blow AMD out of the water.

All in all, Intel is definitely on top of AMD at the moment...but most of us couldn't tell much of a difference in a high end AMD processor with a little tweaking and a stock mid-level Intel chip.

even with editing and multi-threaded stuff, it's still hit or miss.