share rss forum feed

The Dord
Gamecenter CX
Premium
join:2005-01-06
Belleville, MI
Reviews:
·AT&T Yahoo

[Modem] What is the current (non-Uverse) wireless gateway?

I live in an area were we still use the old fashioned (non-uverse) DSL and I'm finally replacing my wireless gateway. (When I connect wirelessly, it reboots itself, especially when I want to use streaming video like CrunchyRoll. Streaming will reset the gateway on a near-endless reset loop of red power lights, etc)

It seemed the person on the phone said they said they were sending me a 2wire gateway, but I notice on their webpage that the PACE 4111N is their current model.

Which one will they send? 2wires aren't really built to last and if you're lucky, they do last. Thanks for any insights and I should've seen this coming sooner since one of the wireless channels didn't want to work a few weeks ago
--
»twitter.com/The_Dord -- Twitter Account

gaviper
My Best Friend Is A Boxer

join:2000-09-04
Carrollton, GA

I don't know what modem AT&T will send you, but I bet it won't be as good as a Netopia 3347. The Netopia 3347 is a wireless gateway/router/modem that they gave their business customers a few years ago. They are a great piece of equipment. There is a Netopia 3347 on eBay now that you can pick up for less than $16.00 including shipping. If I needed a modem, I would jump on it now before someone else beat me to it. Link below.
»www.ebay.com/itm/Netopia-3347NWG···7b6692c6

Shadow01
Premium
join:2003-10-24
Wasteland
reply to The Dord

2wire is now PACE.

The Dord
Gamecenter CX
Premium
Belleville, MI

I realized that, but the person on the phone confused me when they said 2wire.
--

The Dord
Gamecenter CX
Premium
Belleville, MI
Reviews:
·AT&T Yahoo
reply to The Dord

Well that was quick, I got the 4111n in one day!

Only one oddity: The wireless light is a bit dimmer than the wired internet light.

Other than that, it works good so far (crosses fingers).
--