spc
uniqs
firezlife
join:2012-11-17
Elmhurst, NY

firezlife to SESnut

to SESnut

Re: Speedtest fine but huge lag, latency & packet loss in Queens

Called tech support again for assistance. Computer directly connected to modem and running my pingtest. RR tech asked how long I've been having the issue with the packet drops (since 11/7/12). RR tech couldn't find any packet loss, while at the same time I saw 3 packet drops within 15 lines. She said all she could do is just reset the modem on her end, and to call back again if I see it happen afterwards. She also added that she doesn't think it will occur again....

»/pingt ··· /2963502

That's my recent result.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

Packeteers

Premium Member

wow, you are walking distance from me, and our service quality is like day and night.

here is what i would do in your shoes. ask for a premise visit from a TWCable Tech, NOT an installer. ask him to bring a modem, and agree to pay the monthly lease fee, hide any routers you have and run your pc directly off the modem - this will take your equipment out of the equation.

while the tech is there, let him run his tests and you show him yours. i had a similar issue and changing out my original RCA modem for a Ubee did the trick in stabilizing my connectivity.

once they get it working to your satisfaction, you can later buy/use your own modem and return the leased one. it's really the only way you can properly rule out your own equipment so TWCable can fix theirs - all for only $4.