Premium
join:2001-06-11
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Ravenheart

Re: Firefox 17.0

said by Ravenheart:

the Maintenance Service was news to me. I found it listed among my services as startup type manual, not started. I wonder what other process starts it up

ravenheart, the FF "maintenance service" only runs when FF is updating.. its purpose is to allow FF to update on "windows vista" and "windows 7" computers "without requiring you to click yes in the Windows User Account Control (UAC) dialog"..

»support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wha···-service

you probably can find more information about FF's "maintenance service" at the mozilla website..

FF4m3

@rr.com
reply to redwolfe_98

said by redwolfe_98:

when initially installing FF, it gives you the option of not installing the "maintenance service", but the updates don't give you the option..they just install it..

I manually perform over-the top installs. "Maintenance Service" is always presented as an option.

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to redwolfe_98

said by redwolfe_98:

said by Ravenheart:

the Maintenance Service was news to me. I found it listed among my services as startup type manual, not started. I wonder what other process starts it up

ravenheart, the FF "maintenance service" only runs when FF is updating.. its purpose is to allow FF to update on "windows vista" and "windows 7" computers "without requiring you to click yes in the Windows User Account Control (UAC) dialog"..

»support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wha···-service

you probably can find more information about FF's "maintenance service" at the mozilla website..

It was first introduced in Firefox 12.0.
--
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Ravenheart

I have disabled this Service

scottp99

join:2010-12-11

Still sticking with FF 3.6.28. and I love it.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium
join:2007-08-13
Philippines
kudos:1
reply to hurleyp

Installed here.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
reply to scottp99

I'm not sure many in the Moz cummunity would recommend running such an old version

FF4m3

@bhn.net
reply to scottp99

said by scottp99:

Still sticking with FF 3.6.28. and I love it.

Mozilla discontinued support for Firefox 3.6 on April 24, 2012... but you can certainly choose to use a highly security vulnerable Firefox version if you so choose.

Cartel
Premium
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC
kudos:2

ya wow thats kinda risky, no?

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation