uniqs
share rss forum feed

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to plencnerb

Re: [Thunderbird] Thunderbird 17.0

OK, on Windows, how do I get the normal Windows titlebar back? Not all of us need to cram our messages into every possible pixel. Right now, the menubar is in the upper left. If I turn that off, then the toolbar takes the whole top of the window. I don't use tabs and can't find any tabs options.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
Click for full size
said by andyross:

OK, on Windows, how do I get the normal Windows titlebar back? Not all of us need to cram our messages into every possible pixel. Right now, the menubar is in the upper left. If I turn that off, then the toolbar takes the whole top of the window. I don't use tabs and can't find any tabs options.

I did an upgrade from 16.x to 17.0. The picture above is what my screen looks like.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

ltsnow
Premium
join:2006-04-08
Valdosta, GA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to andyross
said by andyross:

In about:config just set mail.tabs.drawInTitlebar to false and the titlebar will be back.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
Thanks. Took a bit to figure out how to get about:config in TBird, but found it and made the change. Took effect immediately.

ltsnow
Premium
Valdosta, GA
said by andyross:

Thanks. Took a bit to figure out how to get about:config in TBird, but found it and made the change. Took effect immediately.

Sorry that I wasn't more specific. About:config is a very powerful way to change many things in Firefox and Thunderbird. I use it all the time.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
said by ltsnow:

said by andyross:

Sorry that I wasn't more specific. About:config is a very powerful way to change many things in Firefox and Thunderbird. I use it all the time.

I've used about:config many times in Firefox (disabled 2D acceleration as it screwed up some pages and messed up my Nautipolis bookmarks spacing), but not in TBird. I had to do a bit of Googling to find out it's in Tools/Options/Advanced, General tab, then 'Config Editor...' button. I guess it shouldn't really be called about:config when referring to TBird!

ltsnow
Premium
Valdosta, GA
You're right, I plain forgot that it is in the tools. I use it so much for Firefox, but not very often with TBird.