spc
uniqs

Voz
@qwest.net

Voz to sestrada

Anon

to sestrada

Re: Last chance to do this customer right

Just research your cable provider in their forum here, and make sure to "look before you leap". A few months back I decided to move from CL to my cable provider, based on cost issues and promises of much better service than they've been known for. The switch was completed on a Friday afternoon, late Saturday morning the service went out, (apparently the wind was blowing about 25mph, and the wind rocking the cable broke some of the wires). No phone, internet, or cable TV. Calling in to the cable company, initial calls were met by the CSRs wanting to schedule a tech to come out to my premises the following Tuesday- there were no other options given. When I went in for my overnight shift Saturday night, there were three trucks from the cable co. replacing the cable outside the apartment complex. I got cable TV back, but no phone, and no internet. Calling the cable company again, they were unable to even acknowledge the work that had been in progress, and instead could only offer to have a tech come out to my place on, you guessed it, Tuesday! Still no phone or internet through the weekend. Monday night about 7pm, I got internet and phone back. I found out that resident calls to the customer service line were not what signaled the problem- instead, a genius happened to notice that there were multiple subscribers at the apartment building whose boxes all were not shown as being online 36 hours after the original line break.
On Tuesday, despite my having called to cancel the service call, (as service was back up, and I would be sleeping to be able to go in for my next overnight shift), I got a mid-day wake-up call from the cable tech.
By Thursday night, I was back online with CenturyLink, with them having reduced my rate in a promo deal to within $15/month of what the bundled cable special was supposed to give me. I'll pay the extra $15 for the reliability, as it's been rock solid with them having thrown in a new modem for free ever since.
Sorry for the length here, but I had to put in the details to properly describe what I had experienced in the differing service levels.
Just watch what you're getting yourself into...
sestrada
Premium Member
join:2012-11-05
U.S.A.
·Charter

sestrada

Premium Member

I already have RRBC at home, besides CenturyLink's ADSL. And I'm testing Road Runner's residential internet service for at least 30 days before cancelling my 12 year CenturyLink service. Two more weeks to go.

In my opinion Road Runner internet combined with the cable company's line are superior in both quality and price. In fact Road Runner proactively called me once saying they seen a level trouble from their modem and sent someone over the next day to fix it.

Even when I had Centrury Link's Business Class DSL - dealing with problems was always a big production - sometimes months of lousy service, and missed appointments. One moron tech cut two wires wire on the side of my house mistakenly thinking it was the NI.

My concerns are quality and having my expectations met, not necessarily price or speed. That means when the service is down - which happens often - I don't expect to be talked down to by some arrogant repair tech, told that I need to spend another five dollars a month to make it easier for them to test their line, or sit at home all day waiting for a tech that doesn't show up.

Somebody from CL called a week ago about my online complaint. First time ever. I bet it's cause I posted here.

First the guy exposed me to his internal policies I wouldn't care less about, then promises a repair service supervisor in my neighborhood will call me back the same day.

A week later - still no call.