uniqs
Bonka
join:2002-12-05
Tamaqua, PA

1 edit

Bonka to pittpete1

to pittpete1

Re: Slow speeds every night

4:10pm on a Tuesday and I'm already experiencing packet loss. Colleges letting out is already making this worse. It may be time to try out the cable company for a month and see how that runs.

Frontier is a complete joke.
pittpete1
join:2009-06-12

pittpete1

Bonk, have you contacted the techs manager?
Thats who I'm getting all my info from and by the looks of making headway.
Document the emails is all I can say.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to Bonka

MVM

to Bonka
said by Bonka:

4:10pm on a Tuesday and I'm already experiencing packet loss. Colleges letting out is already making this worse. It may be time to try out the cable company for a month and see how that runs.

Frontier is a complete joke.

Makes you wonder how the colleges handle the data used by students and still manage to pull close to a Gigabit to the Internet at any time of the day

@pittpete1: Oh man, a DS1. Good riddance for that once it goes to DS3. Glad to hear you're getting somewhere now!
pittpete1

pittpete1

So DS1 meaning this remote is fed with copper T1's?
plat2on1
join:2002-08-21
Hopewell Junction, NY

plat2on1 to pittpete1

to pittpete1
sounds like the hardware is so far out of production they have to go hunting down a seller. that's always a good sign lol
pittpete1

pittpete1

right plat..
antiquation
Bonka
Tamaqua, PA

Bonka

Well, I haven't heard anything in over a week now, so I guess I'm calling the cable company Monday to see about trying them out to see if it would be worth dumping the DSL. Price should be roughly the same and the advertised speeds are 12/1, or 20/2 with tv/phone/internet bundle, vs the 4/.77 I'm getting now, plus no annual contract. Assuming it's stable and close to the advertised speeds, Frontier can kiss my ass goodbye.

It's been at least a month now that I've been experiencing issues, and sadly I think it's been going on longer than that, I just didn't notice it as much and never looked in to the ping and traceroute testing that blatantly shows there is a problem. I should be paying a heavily reduced rate for the service I've been getting.
MrBubbaHyde
join:2010-02-25
Shavertown, PA

MrBubbaHyde

said by Bonka:

Well, I haven't heard anything in over a week now, so I guess I'm calling the cable company Monday to see about trying them out to see if it would be worth dumping the DSL. Price should be roughly the same and the advertised speeds are 12/1, or 20/2 with tv/phone/internet bundle, vs the 4/.77 I'm getting now, plus no annual contract. Assuming it's stable and close to the advertised speeds, Frontier can kiss my ass goodbye.

I Envy you! Wish I could do that...I came from Comcast to frontier,
At the time I had Comcast I had...
20 mbps Down
Every Movie Channel
3 HD DVRs with On Demand (Ya Know actual on demand! lol)
3D Channels
Phone w/ absolutely no calling charges
Total bill, approx 200.00

Now Frontier...
Barely 1.0 mbps at any time
1 Movie Channel
2 HD DVRS, (shared so there are conflicts all the time)
No 3D channels
Phone That has horrible feedback, or delay, or can't hear.
Total bill 232.00 (Because its never right)

Im actually starting to think about moving to get away from this service, How sad is that!
pittpete1

pittpete1

Should be soon, lets see after the latest email...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------
Hi Peter,
We did find some cards and they are being shipped to us – hopefully this week. We have quite a bit
Of wiring in the remote to rearrange the DS1 to a DS3 and a card addition also has be done in the
Hopewell CO as well as wiring there. My dilemma – I only have 1 CO tech and he will be on vacation
Beginning this Friday until Dec 31 - so he will do what wiring he can this week and will have to finish
After the New Year – so IF the cards arrive this week or next – we should be good to go by week
Ending Jan 11 – IF not sooner. I will also be on vacation next week.
If you can hang in there a couple more weeks – I would appreciate it.
Thanks and Happy Holidays to you and your family,
Gail
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------
I have to say, the local manager and field tech are gems
Bonka
Tamaqua, PA

Bonka

I imagine a lot of the local guys are great, it's just the company backing them...not so much.

I put in my call to the cable company today and waiting for stuff to be verified, but hopefully can get it hooked up soon and give it a try. Really hoping I can move on from Frontier DSL. The local tech called today and said he still hasn't heard anything from the guys above him about the packet loss issue, which was reported to them over a week ago and been going on since early November.
pittpete1

pittpete1

Bonka, are u in a contract with Frontier currently?
Bonka
Tamaqua, PA

Bonka

Nope, shouldn't be. We've had Frontier for quite a while now. I don't actually handle any of the accounts/billing so I don't 100% know, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.
pittpete1

pittpete1

well make sure, because they'll hit you with an ETF.
Bonka
Tamaqua, PA

Bonka

Doh, I can get cable service but need a new line pulled underground for $70. Not only do I have more money to spend, but it's not something that is going to happen right away either, maybe a few weeks. Couldn't fathom how I needed a new line run to the house, even if it was probably 20 to 30 years old, until I went outside and saw it old one was cut and I think soldered. Never looked at it before and have no idea who did that. My guess is the cable company didn't like us when we disconnected service many years ago.

Looks like I'm stuck with Frontier a bit longer than I had hoped.
pittpete1

pittpete1

UPDATE**********************************************
Happy New Year,
I have not forgotten you – my tech is working on the upgrade to the Greenhaven remote.
We are still waiting for the cards – but he has much to do prior – and is working on the wiring.
I will keep you in the loop with the progress.
Thanks
Gail
pittpete1

pittpete1

***UPDATE FOR ANYONE FOLLOWING THIS***

received this email today from the local manager.... --------------
quote:
Pete,

You must have been reading my mind – YES – we are ready to cutover to the additional DS3 – we will do this

Tomorrow – around mid afternoon – we would have done it today – BUT with the snow day – did not

Want to risk dumping off everyone. You should see a difference tomorrow late day.

I hope you will stay with us after all this –

Thanks for your patience,

Gail
Bonka
Tamaqua, PA

Bonka

Got my cable installed today, finally. It's sad to be excited for a 12/1 connection. Goodbye Frontier and your terrible peak hour packet loss, hopefully I never have to use your DSL again.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

said by Bonka:

Got my cable installed today, finally. It's sad to be excited for a 12/1 connection. Goodbye Frontier and your terrible peak hour packet loss, hopefully I never have to use your DSL again.

Very happy for you. If we had anything over 1.5/.157 here it would be beyond belief. Good luck.
pittpete1

pittpete1

Well, they cut over to the DS3 today.
Got home, every speed test at around 6mbs(my provisioned speed)
I'll check back after peak usage time.
MrBubbaHyde
join:2010-02-25
Shavertown, PA

MrBubbaHyde to pittpete1

to pittpete1
Good Luck!
pittpete1

pittpete1

Looking good so far at 9:24 prime peak time near me
kimr55760
join:2004-09-20
Mcgregor, MN

1 edit

kimr55760 to pittpete1

to pittpete1
I've had frontier for years as its our only option in our rural area. In the past few months I've been experiencing serious slow downs to the point that simple web browsing is impossible. It's only on nights and weekends. I'm sure they are capping my throughput. Last night I could load the first page of my rss reader but timed out on everything I tried to read.

Once in a while I have to upload photos I shoot for a magazine to an FTP server. In the last few months that had become so difficult that I've put them on an external drive and brought them to work to do it.

I pay $65 a month altogether and can barely use my service. I can't wait for another option to show up in our area. I will leave frontier immediately.

Note that I'm writing this at 6 am and I can browse fine. Evenings are becoming impossible.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

kimr55760 - I would doubt that they are capping you. I would be more inclined to say that you are experiencing congestion caused by overselling, noise or a piece of equipment. Have you talked to Frontier? You may have to be a bit pushy with them to get it resolved.
pittpete1

pittpete1 to kimr55760

to kimr55760
Hank is spot on.
Frontier is oversold aand congested.
They won't upgrade unless you push them.
Why would they spend $$$ if they don't have to.
Create a record of the speed changes over a few weeks,then email the regional managers and call tech support and notify them.
Also get your local field techs cell and their managers email and number.
Most of Frontiers remote are probably still fed with T1's.
Just not enough bandwith there when people get home at night.You need to stay on them.
Squeaky wheel gets all the grease.
kimr55760
join:2004-09-20
Mcgregor, MN

kimr55760

They told me I am already at the highest speed possible for our area. I think it's just 1.5 down.

I received an email this morning. He said the following:

"We're actually working on increasing the speeds right now in your area!
The reason your internet connection is running slow and/or frequent
disconnecting is because you are in an area that is currently going
through network upgrades. There is no estimated date of completion but
I can say that this is by no means an easy, quick project. This will
take an extended period of time. However as these activities conclude,
the result will be a greatly improved High Speed Internet
experience for our customers."

So I am paying $65 per month for this.

kazoopolaris
@wmich.edu

kazoopolaris

Anon

well well i see it all over the place.....same thing here in MI!
Down graded to 7mbps "max" last night. got about 3.5....till 6:30pm and couldn't even stay connected.
kazoopolaris

kazoopolaris

Anon

update:::: down to 3mbps....tech thought it would be more consistent and eliminate the drop offs. Well it didnt help!!!! did a speed test last night.... ping @ 535 0.14mpbs down/0.26 up

Anyone have any contacts for the Southwest Michigan area?
pittpete1

pittpete1

Read this and laugh or cry
»frontier.com/networkmanagement
pittpete1

pittpete1 to kazoopolaris

to kazoopolaris
»www.frontier.com/custome ··· rvice/8/

Regional Managers

kazoopolaris
@wmich.edu

kazoopolaris

Anon

THX pittpete!
Emails going out soon! did get dropped last night but, the speed was horrendous! @6pm 0.44/0.26 WTF looks like CS is going to be issuing a credit again.......