how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pittpete1

join:2009-06-12
reply to Bonka

Re: Slow speeds every night

Bonka, are u in a contract with Frontier currently?

Bonka

join:2002-12-05
Tamaqua, PA
Nope, shouldn't be. We've had Frontier for quite a while now. I don't actually handle any of the accounts/billing so I don't 100% know, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

pittpete1

reply to pittpete1
well make sure, because they'll hit you with an ETF.

Bonka

Tamaqua, PA
reply to Bonka
Doh, I can get cable service but need a new line pulled underground for $70. Not only do I have more money to spend, but it's not something that is going to happen right away either, maybe a few weeks. Couldn't fathom how I needed a new line run to the house, even if it was probably 20 to 30 years old, until I went outside and saw it old one was cut and I think soldered. Never looked at it before and have no idea who did that. My guess is the cable company didn't like us when we disconnected service many years ago.

Looks like I'm stuck with Frontier a bit longer than I had hoped.

pittpete1

Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to pittpete1
UPDATE**********************************************
Happy New Year,
I have not forgotten you – my tech is working on the upgrade to the Greenhaven remote.
We are still waiting for the cards – but he has much to do prior – and is working on the wiring.
I will keep you in the loop with the progress.
Thanks
Gail

pittpete1

Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to pittpete1
***UPDATE FOR ANYONE FOLLOWING THIS***

received this email today from the local manager.... --------------

quote:
Pete,

You must have been reading my mind – YES – we are ready to cutover to the additional DS3 – we will do this

Tomorrow – around mid afternoon – we would have done it today – BUT with the snow day – did not

Want to risk dumping off everyone. You should see a difference tomorrow late day.

I hope you will stay with us after all this –

Thanks for your patience,

Gail

Bonka

Tamaqua, PA
Got my cable installed today, finally. It's sad to be excited for a 12/1 connection. Goodbye Frontier and your terrible peak hour packet loss, hopefully I never have to use your DSL again.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
said by Bonka:

Got my cable installed today, finally. It's sad to be excited for a 12/1 connection. Goodbye Frontier and your terrible peak hour packet loss, hopefully I never have to use your DSL again.

Very happy for you. If we had anything over 1.5/.157 here it would be beyond belief. Good luck.

pittpete1

reply to pittpete1
Well, they cut over to the DS3 today.
Got home, every speed test at around 6mbs(my provisioned speed)
I'll check back after peak usage time.

MrBubbaHyde

join:2010-02-25
Shavertown, PA
reply to pittpete1
Good Luck!

pittpete1

reply to pittpete1
Looking good so far at 9:24 prime peak time near me

kimr55760

join:2004-09-20
Mcgregor, MN

1 edit
reply to pittpete1
I've had frontier for years as its our only option in our rural area. In the past few months I've been experiencing serious slow downs to the point that simple web browsing is impossible. It's only on nights and weekends. I'm sure they are capping my throughput. Last night I could load the first page of my rss reader but timed out on everything I tried to read.

Once in a while I have to upload photos I shoot for a magazine to an FTP server. In the last few months that had become so difficult that I've put them on an external drive and brought them to work to do it.

I pay $65 a month altogether and can barely use my service. I can't wait for another option to show up in our area. I will leave frontier immediately.

Note that I'm writing this at 6 am and I can browse fine. Evenings are becoming impossible.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
kimr55760 - I would doubt that they are capping you. I would be more inclined to say that you are experiencing congestion caused by overselling, noise or a piece of equipment. Have you talked to Frontier? You may have to be a bit pushy with them to get it resolved.

pittpete1

Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to kimr55760
Hank is spot on.
Frontier is oversold aand congested.
They won't upgrade unless you push them.
Why would they spend $$$ if they don't have to.
Create a record of the speed changes over a few weeks,then email the regional managers and call tech support and notify them.
Also get your local field techs cell and their managers email and number.
Most of Frontiers remote are probably still fed with T1's.
Just not enough bandwith there when people get home at night.You need to stay on them.
Squeaky wheel gets all the grease.

kimr55760

join:2004-09-20
Mcgregor, MN
They told me I am already at the highest speed possible for our area. I think it's just 1.5 down.

I received an email this morning. He said the following:

"We're actually working on increasing the speeds right now in your area!
The reason your internet connection is running slow and/or frequent
disconnecting is because you are in an area that is currently going
through network upgrades. There is no estimated date of completion but
I can say that this is by no means an easy, quick project. This will
take an extended period of time. However as these activities conclude,
the result will be a greatly improved High Speed Internet
experience for our customers."

So I am paying $65 per month for this.

kazoopolaris

@wmich.edu
well well i see it all over the place.....same thing here in MI!
Down graded to 7mbps "max" last night. got about 3.5....till 6:30pm and couldn't even stay connected.

kazoopolaris

@wmich.edu
update:::: down to 3mbps....tech thought it would be more consistent and eliminate the drop offs. Well it didnt help!!!! did a speed test last night.... ping @ 535 0.14mpbs down/0.26 up

Anyone have any contacts for the Southwest Michigan area?

pittpete1

reply to pittpete1
Read this and laugh or cry
»frontier.com/networkmanagement

pittpete1

reply to kazoopolaris

kazoopolaris

@wmich.edu
THX pittpete!
Emails going out soon! did get dropped last night but, the speed was horrendous! @6pm 0.44/0.26 WTF looks like CS is going to be issuing a credit again.......