Planet Earth
kudos:4
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric

1 recommendation

reply to PX Eliezer7

Re: CallCentric posts commentary on many crucial issues.

said by PX Eliezer7:

[This has been a significant topic of interest to many on this forum. Thank you to DSLR and VoIP Tech Chat forum, for graciously allowing this link to be posted].

The article is probably too long to be accepted on this forum.
--
My VoIP News

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

said by Arne Bolen:

Nor on the front page of the CallCentric web portal as a bulletin.

Just skimmed the article.

I'd better go and make me-self a pot of COFFEE, so that I can stay up to read the about the TEA leaves.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Planet Earth
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric

said by Davesnothere:

said by Arne Bolen:

Nor on the front page of the CallCentric web portal as a bulletin.

Probably too advanced for the average customer.
--
My VoIP News

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

1 edit

said by Arne Bolen:

Probably too advanced for the average customer.

Yeah, they might say something like "What happened ? - WHERE's the web portal ?!"

AND, we would't want the DSLR board software to choke either.

I wonder how many characters long that that omnibus post is ?

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Planet Earth
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric

said by Davesnothere:

I wonder how many characters long that that omnibus post is ?

--
My VoIP News

engineerdan

join:2006-12-07
Manassas, VA
reply to Arne Bolen

said by Arne Bolen:

This document, which is essentially a schematic of the Callcentric facility along with a detailed, blow-by-blow account of the DDoS attack and impact from Hurricane Sandy, is an amazing read.

The part that I found the most riveting was the imagery and events of the three Callcentric techs, evacuated from their Lower Manhattan facility, and remotely administering the facility from their homes on Staten Island and Long Island. As the storm was bearing down on them, they were stunned to learn that both redundant sources of commercial power had failed at Callcentric. Knowing that a disorderly "shutdown" of the facility would have been problematic, and knowing that their own power, Internet, and/or communications could fail at any moment, they had a difficult decision to make - and quickly. Just like in action-thriller movies, the power and Internet failed at Iscream's home just minutes after that shutdown was complete.

Thanks Iscream, for this detailed report.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Planet Earth
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric

said by engineerdan:

This document, which is essentially a schematic of the Callcentric facility along with a detailed, blow-by-blow account of the DDoS attack and impact from Hurricane Sandy, is an amazing read.

This document is likely to be studied by most VoIP providers in the USA and Canada. I believe the content is of great interest for people in the industry.

said by engineerdan:

Just like in action-thriller movies, the power and Internet failed at Iscream's home just minutes after that shutdown was complete.

I can imagine what pressure Iscream was under knowing that he had only minutes to avoid a disaster. And what relief it must have been when he succeeded.
--
My VoIP News

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to engineerdan

said by engineerdan:

....The part that I found the most riveting was the imagery and events of the three Callcentric techs, evacuated from their Lower Manhattan facility, and remotely administering the facility from their homes on Staten Island and Long Island.

As the storm was bearing down on them, they were stunned to learn that both redundant sources of commercial power had failed at Callcentric.

Knowing that a disorderly "shutdown" of the facility would have been problematic, and knowing that their own power, Internet, and/or communications could fail at any moment, they had a difficult decision to make - and quickly.

Just like in action-thriller movies, the power and Internet failed at Iscream's home just minutes after that shutdown was complete....

[deep omimous movie trailer announcer voice]
"Coming soon, to a theatre near you...."
[/deep omimous movie trailer announcer voice]

But seriously, I did find Iscream's report to be both informative and somewhat entertaining.

It's decent of him to have written and posted it (even though it may lead to further questions from some of us).