Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Using Motorola DVR DCX3400 TV Guide and On Demand show SD

Hello.

I don't know what changed, but I noticed the 22" HDTV goes to SD instead of HD when using Motorola DVR DCX3400's TV Guide and On Demand even on HD channels. Exiting them go back to HD display.

Did TWC upgrade/change something on this DVR? DVR is using software v79.41-r29.0.r-4 and firmware v24.35.

Thank you in advance.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by antdude:

Hello.

I don't know what changed, but I noticed the 22" HDTV goes to SD instead of HD when using Motorola DVR DCX3400's TV Guide and On Demand even on HD channels. Exiting them go back to HD display.

Did TWC upgrade/change something on this DVR? DVR is using software v79.41-r29.0.r-4 and firmware v24.35.

Thank you in advance.

no the guide is 4:3 and the on demand menu is 4:3 as well.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by motorola870:

said by antdude:

Hello.

Thank you in advance.

Weird. In the past. DVR's menus and video were always fullscreen so I guess 4:3 is normal with TV Guide and On Demand?

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX

said by antdude:

said by motorola870:

said by antdude:

Hello.

Thank you in advance.

Weird. In the past. DVR's menus and video were always fullscreen so I guess 4:3 is normal with TV Guide and On Demand?

Not in iGuide. Never. Now you may have had "stretch" or another "override" set in the box's config which would stretch it to the screen edges.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by chamberc:

Not in iGuide. Never. Now you may have had "stretch" or another "override" set in the box's config which would stretch it to the screen edges.

Where's that setting? I could not find it. I assume it is in Settings.

Phroz

join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

said by antdude:

said by chamberc:

Turn the box off and press the menu button on the front panel.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Phroz:

said by antdude:

said by chamberc:

Turn the box off and press the menu button on the front panel.

Wow, I never knew those were buttons on the front panels. Hmm, I messed with them, but still cannot seem to find to tell it to keep the video and DVR overlays fullscreen for 16:9. I have its TV Type: 16:9, Native HDMI/YPbPr Output, etc.